Chapter Three

"Wh-who are you!? Where am I!?" The ex-Drac sounded panicked as he jumped up from the couch. "I don't remember anything...it's just all...blank..." he was saying.

"It's okay, calm down," Storm said soothingly. "I'm Hail Storm, this-" she pointed to Thrill, who tried to smile- "is Thrill Killer, and this-" she pointed to Rush, who didn't flinch- "is Sugar Rush. You were unconscious, so we helped you. Do you...uh...what's your name?"

He thought for a moment. "I don't know. Everything's just all kind of a grey area..."

"Grey Area is actually a cool name," Thrill said after a moment of hesitation.

"Yeah. Okay. So, my name's Grey Area now. Cool. Er, why was I unconscious?" He asked timidly.

Storm looked at Thrill, silently asking, Should we tell him? Thrill gave a small nod.

"You-uh-well, you blacked out when Thrill Killer, um, pulled off your...mask." Storm replied.

"My mask? What?" Grey Area looked genuinely confused.

"Your Draculoid mask," Rush said bluntly, grabbing it from the floor and tossing it to him. "But you already knew that, didn't you?"

Grey Area caught the mask blankly for a moment. Then, understanding flooded him. "I-this...I remember something...I was alone...and some people wearing these and white suits attacked me...and...that's it. I guess they made me wear this?"

Thrill nodded. "Do you remember anything while you wore this?" She asked softly.

"No," Grey Area said. He showed no signs of lying, either.

Rush snorted, and everyone turned to look at her. "Yeah. Sure. Okay, 'Grey Area'," she said sarcastically.

Thrill shot her a death glare. "Rush. Stop," she said tensely.

"Stop what?" Rush acted innocent. "I just wanna let this nice Drac here know that I know he's full of it and he should start running now."

Despite Thrill and Storm's looks, Rush whipped out her ray gun and levelled it between Grey Area's wide eyes.

"NO YOU DON'T!" Storm yelled, tackling Rush to the ground. Out of reflex, she fired aimlessly on the way down, hitting the wall inches beside Grey, who was ducking.

Thrill yanked the gun out of Rush's hands. "You said you wouldn't try anything!" She yelled angrily.

"Give. It. Back," Rush said, jaw clenched.

Ignoring her, Thrill opened the door and flung the gun outside. It flew a solid one hundred yards before hitting the ground. Rush shrieked in anger and ran to retrieve her weapon.

Thrill slammed the door behind her and, since there wasn't a functioning lock on there anymore, barricaded the door so she couldn't come back in.

"She is not coming back here if she's gonna pull anything like that again," Thrill stated firmly.

Grey Area tried to break the stunned silence with a joke.

"So...no one else is gonna try and kill me now, right?"