Chapter Two

A man's face appeared behind the Draculoid mask.

He instantly fell over, unconscious.

"What'd you do that for!?" Sugar Rush shouted. "We should've killed it!"

But Thrill Killer didn't respond. She stared at the man, then the mask.

A look of disgust and horror spread across her face.

"Uh, Thrill?" Storm asked cautiously. "You alright?"

"I...guess it didn't occur to me that Dracs are actual people," she said distantly.

"Dracs were people, Thrill. Were. Until the BLind people got a hold of them. Draculoids are not people." Rush said with finality in her voice.

"Yeah, but look! Obviously they can become real people again!" Thrill responded. "If we knew that we could do this, would we be murdering them? Should we?"

For a short while, the other two didn't answer.

Then, finally, the small voice of Storm said, "No."

Rush remained silent.

"We should take this guy in," Thrill decided. "Help him back on his feet, y'know?"

Storm nodded in agreement.

"Do you really think that's a good id-" Rush started, but Storm cut her off.

"You wanted something interesting to happen, didn't you? Well, here it is."

Rush scowled, but helped the others lift the man up and into the car.

"We still gonna fuel up?" Rush asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh yeah," Thrill said, starting the Impala. "This guy might've delayed us, but we're running on empty."

"Just our luck, then," Rush grinned, pointing to an overturned car on the side of the road.

Thrill pulled over, and Rush hopped out excitedly. For an unknown reason, she loved siphoning gasoline.

When she drained all the gas she could and pumped it into their own car, Rush hopped back in and Thrill sped back to their base.

"Okay," Storm said after they hauled the man in and lay him on their tattered old couch. "I can look after him, I think I've had enough experience-" she gestured to her arm, "-but I'll let you know if anything happens."

"Thanks, Storm," Rush said. "Because right now I need to have a word with Thrill Killer outside."

She then grabbed Thrill by her black vest and pulled her outside.

"Before you say anything, hear me out and don't interrupt," Rush started.

Thrill pretended to zip her lips and folded her arms.

"Okay, I know I wanted something to happen so I wouldn't be bored, but I realize how selfish and stupid that is now. Because at the moment, I'm having some doubts. We shouldn't be...harboring this guy. What if it's all some big plan, and the man wakes up and kills us all? I think the people from BLind would go to any length to stop us. We're basically the most notorious killjoys of the hour, aren't we?"

"Well, yeah, I guess, but they're not really known to be sneaky when on missions. They flat-out attack and make you choose: mask or death. Or just kill," Thrill said.

"Obviously they'd want to switch up their tactics so we wouldn't see what was coming! Please, just trust me, we need to leave this Drac for dead or kill him ourselves. Because clearly we can't put the mask back on him, that wouldn't do any good-"

"It wouldn't do any good to kill him, either! I'm glad you're taking precautions and all, but I think you're being a bit too paranoid. How about this; we keep him, and if he starts acting strange or tries to harm us, we get rid of him. But we will not kill him under any circumstance. Okay?"

"Fine," Rush spat grudgingly. "But look: not all humans are good. Before BLind was a thing, no one was a Drac or a S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W, but they still killed and got killed, remember?"

"Yes; and it wasn't right. Not then and not now."

"So, what? You're just going to stop fighting?"

"No! It's just simple right and wrong; I will always fight for individuality and death to BLind, you should know that, of all people-"

"Guys!" Storm yelled from the doorway. "He's waking up!"

As Thrill and Rush ran back to their little hideout, Rush whispered, "Simple right and wrong doesn't exist. It's too complicated for that."

Thrill was about to respond but couldn't, because the strange man was now staring straight at her.