Chapter Five (Part One)

Thrill Killer had left in search of Sugar Rush, leaving Hail Storm and Grey Area.

“Fantastic,” Storm muttered, irritated.

“Sugar Rush...she's the one that tried to kill me, right?” Grey asked.

“Yup. But she could be anywhere right now! Does Thrill honestly think she can find her? She'll be gone for days if she's being serious.”

“Should we try and go after her?”

Storm shook her head. “She's got our only car, and a head start. I say let her go; she'll be back eventually.” Grey shrugged in agreement and they both went back inside.

“So...” Grey started in attempt to break the silence, “How did you guys end up deciding to-uh-live here?” He looked around the hideout.

It was what was left of a small, old convenience store. It was worn down and obviously not well kept. All the tiny isle racks were shoved to one wall and were used to hold cans of fuel, food, and other things like tools. There was one other room that probably used to be the break room, and it was now used to harbor one tattered couch, one dirty recliner with holes, and a nearly flat, moldy mattress for a place to sleep. Other things like random items of clothing and scraps of paper were scattered about on the floor. All in all, it was only slightly bigger than an average living room (back when people still had average homes).

Storm grinned, appreciating the subject change. “Nowadays, you can't really choose where you want to crash, can you? It was about a few years ago, I guess. We were out of gas. And this place was nearby and empty. The BLind people still don't know we're here, so there's been no reason to leave.”

Grey nodded, an uncomfortable silence settling in again.

“Well...looks like we have enough food for dinner. Wanna help me heat this up?” Storm asked.