Chapter 3: Elijah Sanchez

Mom!

Mom!!! As I'm repeatedly calling my mom, but she never wakes up, and then I saw my mom has blood in her head, so I rushly took out my phone in my bag and started calling an ambulance.

**ring... ring...**

[Hello 911, speaking. How can I help you?]

Hi, ple... plea... please I need an ambulance! Please! My voice trembled when I speak to one of their representative.

[Okay ma'am, I need you to calm down first.] A voice of a woman said.

O.... kay. So, I took a deep breath after what she said.

[Okay, now tell us your address, we will get you an ambulance as soon as possible.] I gave all the information they need.

Thank you, miss. I responded.

[You're welcome, ma'am. Wait for the ambulance, they will arrive there within 15 minutes.] As the woman said from the other line and give me a reassurance.

Okay, thank you, miss. And I put the phone down.

15 minutes later...

**sfx_ambulance siren**

Mom, the ambulance is here, please hang in there. I whispered in my mom's ear as if she heard me.

At Myr Hospital

Please doc, save my mom. I said to the doctor who is assigned to my mom.

We will do our best, please stay there ma'am while we treat your mother. The doctor said, so I sat at the bench near the operating room.

I'll wait here, doc. I responded before he closed the door in the operating room.

After 1 hour...

Ms. Elijah. The doctor called out my name.

Yes doc, how's my mom? I stood up and responded to him.

Your mother is lucky that the injury in her head did not cause her any damages in her brain. When the doctor explaining it to me, I was space out for a bit. But when I heard that no damages in her brain, I sighed.

Ms. Elijah, have you heard what I said? The doctor said that which brought me back to my consciousness.

Huh?.. Yeah. Thank you, doc. I said and smiled.

But, you have to take care of your mother and make sure of her safety because I am certain that this event will happen again. I don't know why I feel scared for a while, but I look the doctor straight into his eyes.

What do you mean, doc? I asked him confusedly.

We know Ms. Elijah that you are wealthy and known from your profession. And by that being said, there's some bad people who will try to hurt you or your mother because of that. And after he explained that, I realize that he has a point.

Thank you, doc for giving me a warning. I will be more careful from now on for the safety of us. I said and thank him.

That would be better. Then, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to leave now and do my errands. He said and smiled at me.

Thank you, doc. I nodded, and the doctor left the room.

Mom I will do anything to protect you and even if you want to avoid moving from a much better and secured place, I'll still do it for you, for us. I will never let anything happen to you again. I mumbled to myself and kissed her in her forehead.