Chapter 5: Fresh Start

After a long night to decide if you will text or call him, and thank him for saving you... you're already asleep. By the time you open your eyes, it is already morning.

Elijah' P.O.V.

Sh*t! Ugh! Why didn't I message him yesterday? I murmured to myself and stood up.

**tok...tok...**

Eli! Are you awake now? My mom call out my name.

Yes, mom, I am! I'll be outside after 20 minutes. I answered and took my towel.

Alright! I'll wait for you in the dining area, okay? My mom responded.

Yes, mom! I replied, and take a quick shower and starts preparing myself to go to the office.

20 minutes after, I go downstairs to eat breakfast together.

Eli, are you okay? My mom asked me while we're eating.

Hmm?? I said to her, but I didn't say anything because I don't want my mother to be hysterical, especially if she finds out what happen to me last night.

I said, are you okay? You look so tired. What happened yesterday? My mom continued to ask question.

Nothing mom. I'm fine, don't worry about me. Maybe I'm just over work yesterday. I replied to my mom, lying about what I feel.

Then why don't you stay here today and take some rest? My mom suggested after she took a bite of her food.

No, mom, I can't. I have some work that needs to be done today. I can't take a rest now. I responded and smiled at her.

Okay, I know I can't do anything about it. But please be careful.
We don't know if one day, some people will try to hurt you because of you, being a well-known professional. My mom said and squeeze my hand.

Yes, mom, don't worry, I will always be careful outside. Thank you for looking out for me. I responded and put a smile in my face even though I feel scared until now.

Of course Eli, you are my daughter, I will do anything to protect you. And don't ever forget that I love you. My mom said, she stood up and kissed my forehead.

I love you too, mom. I responded and hugged my mom. I feel the warmth of her hug. I wish I am strong like my mom.

Ma'am Eli, someone is looking for you. Sally said, one of our maids.

Thank you, Sally. You may go back to work. I'll go outside. I said to her, and she went to the garden.

Do you want me to check who is it? My mom said while hugging me.

No, mom, it's fine. I'll check it, okay. Besides, I need to go in the office now. I responded to mom and stood up.

Okay, sweetie, take care. My mom said and I leave the house.

Jahnice' P.O.V.

I hope you are really okay, my daughter. I mumbled to myself after Eli left the house. She didn't even finish her breakfast.

OUTSIDE...

Elijah' P.O.V.

After I walk outside my house, I see someone standing near the gate.

Markus? I murmured to myself and my heart beats fast again. What is he doing here?

Hi... What are you doing here? I don't know where did I get the courage to ask that to him, but I did.