Part 3

Jugheads pov
We were in the car and my dad still didn't told us anything. Until I couldn't resist anymore, so I spoke. J-"dad, can you explain please!!" He didn't answer so I spoke again. J-"dad!! I really need to know why I left there my best friend without and explanation, and why isn't mom with us?" He sighed and some tears went down her face, little by little. FP-"y-you really want to know?" I nodded. J-"is that bad?" He nodded and finally said everything. FP-"y-your m-mother has cancer, she has been having it for some time, we didn't want to tell you because we thought everything was gonna be ok but, no, nothing is ok and she has been transferred to a hospital in Toledo, she is practically dying and there is where maybe can save her..."  I looked at my dad broken, I didn't know about that, didn't see it coming either. This was a good reason to ran away. My dad was crying, I was too, and jellybean was just asleep. She didn't have to know yet, she was only 5, we would tell her later. J-"and h-how is mom feeling?" FP- "she is bad, nothing they did here helped and now she is worse" I sighed and cried in silence because I didn't want for my dad to feel worse that he was already. J-"does Mrs. Cooper know about this" he nodded. FP-"yeah, and don't worry about Betty, she will tell her when she is ready, your mom is her best friend since they were like you two and for Betty she is just like a second mom" I nodded still with a sad face.

After the drive, which was long, we arrived to Toledo, first went to our new house, it was big, and it was pretty but nothing like the one back in riverdale. But I had to live like that, it was all the best for my mom, nothing could happen with her. My dad didn't let me go to the hospital, he said that I was too young to go and that someone should stay with JB at home, well house, this wasn't and was never gonna be my home.

Bettys pov
My mom didn't want to tell me anything. But I didn't force her to do it, because you could tell she was hurt. But some time after I had been crying in my room, my mom came inside. A-"honey, I have to tell you something..." she was crying, something really bad happened. B-"yes?" She sat down next to me in my bed, and took my hand. I looked into her eyes, she looked like she had been crying for hours, just like me, but she had the reasons for it. A-"G-Gladys..." she couldn't speak, she couldn't say it. B-"did s-something happen to Gladys?" My mom nodded, and more tears came. She started to cry again, I had to help her get through it. I just hugged her tight, making her calm down. And then she spoke A-"she has c-cancer.." I was shocked and didn't see that coming, any of it. A-"that's not new, she has been having it for some time now, but now she is danger, they had to transfer her to another hospital at Toledo where maybe they can save her..." I was crying too at that point, she was like my second mom, and loved her so much. B-"maybe?" A-"yes maybe.." I went to hug my mom, tight, she needed me and I needed her.

After some time, she walked out, and I had an idea, to make jug happy. I was going to text him, the best thing that would came to my mind.

Betts 💕: dear jug... my mom told me everything, I'm sorry, and know how you feel, I can't lose your mom either, but it's all gonna be ok, don't worry. I wanted to say that I love you so much, you are the best of best friends, and I really can't live without you, so this is gonna be difficult for me and for you I guess. I will always text you, call you, EVERYTHING. I want to listen to sad music with my best friend. I'm gonna miss you juggie. Hope to see you as soon as posible. I love you, Betts xx.

Then I went to sleep, crying of the thought of losing her and never seeing him again.

Jugheads pov.
While I was on my bed crying. I got a text from Betty, I hadn't text her since that morning. I read it, and of course I cried more. She felt the same way as me, in some things, and in other she didn't. She of course didn't understand me what I said walking away of school. She still saw me like a best friend, like she should but I didn't. I answered her.

Juggie: hi Betty, I'm gonna miss you too. And I will try to keep you updated with the thing of my mom. Hope to see you hope soon too. I love you, jug xx

That message was dry, but I couldn't find the words. My head was about to explode. I wasn't feeling ok. I just wanted to see my mom. And maybe the next day I could. So I just tuned off the light, said good night to my little sister who still didn't know about everything that was happening. And went to sleep, I fell asleep while crying.

( Hope you are enjoying. I'm really enjoying writing this au sm. I have already the idea of the ending, it's not ending yet!!! Love y'all so much. AND PLS STAY SAVE!! I want all of you healthy!!)