Part 9

Jugheads pov

The next had been difficult, Betty and I didn't go to the same school anymore, and we didn't  see each other much.  I missed her so much. And everyday that pasted I loved her more and more. I wanted to do something special for her. Maybe it wasn't a proposal, because we were young, but maybe I would have her a promise ring, in front of our parents. They still didn't know we were together so that would be an amazing idea to show them. And we really didn't make it official, I mean, we hadn't say that we are boyfriend and girlfriend, but it didn't matter, we felt like it.

Today was gonna be our first day to see us in person since like felt forever. We were gonna have a family dinner with her mom, dad and my fam, just like we used to every Friday night, when my mom was alive. I was so excited to see her again. I got in the car with my dad, and went to her house, they were hosting tonight. I walked in and saw her. She was dressed up in a beautiful pink dress with her hair down, and with a light makeup she didn't even need but still wear it. She saw me and came to me, then hugged me while whispering in my ear. B-"you look so handsome Jones, I would like to kiss those lips right now but we can't." J-"what if we go upstairs, talk about our things and then walk down for dinner." I whispered back. She smirks at me. B-"that sounds perfect" then I hugged everyone and followed Betty upstairs. Immediately after closing her bedrooms door, I took her wrist and tuned her around, pulling her just two inches away from me. Then I leaned in and kissed her, the best way I could. J-"I've. Missed. This." I said between kisses. B-"me too baby" she said with a big smile on her face. B-"should we go now, before they notice something they don't know." I nodded. J-"yeah we should" I took her hand and kissed it. Then helped her to walk in front of me. J-"m'lady" she smiled and walked down with me.

We ate dinner, everything was fine, we were having fun, and our parents hadn't noticed anything. While we had dinner music played in the background. Then I played a song in specific, it was my moment.

Marry you by Bruno Mars started to play. I got up and she looked at me confused. J-"could you get up Betts." She nodded still confused and got up and stood right in front of me. I leaned on the floor in one knee. She knew what I was doing. A-"what-" J-"Betty Cooper, I've known you since birth, and I've been in love with you since birth too. I've been always afraid of telling you that I love you, not in a best friend way, but in a romantic way. And I would never regret confessing it to you." She was tearing up, and our parents and JB were shocked as fuck. J-"so know that we've been a thing for some weeks, and that I know that you are the one, I want to give you this promise ring." I said while handing her a beautiful ring. J-"this means I want to marry you some day, have kids and live happily ever after" she was crying of happiness, and I was too. I got up and gave her a big kiss on the lips. B-"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH JUG" I smiled at her. Fp-"so you've been dating for weeks... AND HAVENT TOLD US?!?" A-"Fp don't ruin this moment now" we laughed at them. Then sat down with them again. J-"so Alice and Hal, you also know me since birth, and I want you to know that I love your daughter more than anything. So I would be happy if you approve this" they smiled at us. H&A-"of course honey" A-"we did see that coming, you can lie to us, but the way you look at each other blow the whistle." The rest of the night was amazing. We celebrated, and all of us were happy. And when we got to go to sleep. I talked to my mom hoping she would hear me.

J-"hi mom. I miss you. Today has been a really special day. You knew since the beginning that I love Betty, and I followed your advice, and she felt the same way. And now look at us, we both want to marry each other some day. I wish you could've been here with us. I love you"

And with tears I fell asleep, feeling something in my body, it wasn't emotional, it was my health, something was wrong with that.

(Hope you like this!! Stay save and love y'all )