Darling

Your eyes began to close as your mind descended into a sleep. This was your first night truly on your own. After a close call with Kylo, you had finally managed to outrun him. Although a part of you couldn't help but wonder if he chose to let you escape.

The fire you had built was slowly dwindling, and the cold of the night was settling in. You had ended up on the planet of Etai. Careful to avoid the populous mining cities, you landed in the greenest spot you could find. It was beautiful here. The way the trees just engulfed everything around you. Beauty was something you often took for granted.

You shivered as you pulled your jacket even tighter around your body. The day was warm, but the night seemed to come from elsewhere. After a few more moments, your mind had fully left its body, and your usual sleep was nowhere to be found.

Instead you felt yourself enter a new state of consciousness. One you had never experienced before. In this space, time felt stagnant. You could stay in this serenity forever. But your peace was soon interrupted by an intruder. An unfamiliar presence loomed behind you as you turned to see who it was. 

It was a man. He looked no more than thirty two years of age, yet his presence seemed older. He had almost a full beard and a similar skin tone to yours. His eyes radiated a sense of familiarity. You swore you had seen them somewhere before.

"[Y/N]," the voice carried the slightest waver, "I have waited so long for your arrival. For a while I never thought you'd make it, but I trusted in the Force."

"The Force? Is that where this is?" you asked yourself, still captivated by the serenity of this plane.

"Yes, my darling. It's allowing us to communicate this very moment."

Darling? Who was this man? Although that name felt familiar to you, almost reassuring. And while a name like that would normally cause discomfort, it felt right coming from this man. "Forgive me for asking, but who are you?"

A look of disappointment appeared on his face. "I was afraid of this. They wiped your memory, didn't they?"

"The First Order. They wiped everyone's," you replied with loneliness. 

"Clearly you must remember something. Some part of you knows me." He seemed like he was trying to convince himself more than you.

You stared harder into his eyes, wrecking every part of your brain. His eyes. You knew you had seen them before but where? 

You knew. You knew where. There was only one place you'd seen those eyes: in the mirror.

"Dad?"