New Scars

Kylo's POV

It'd only been two hours since I'd seen her, and not once has she left my mind. After an alert appeared on my flight controls and the chase begun, a familiar voice entered my head. The Supreme Leader had demanded my urgent return to Starkiller. And I had already neglected my duties for long enough.

The instant regret of my actions paralyzed me long enough for her to escape. Running was no longer an option for me.

Immediately after returning to Starkiller, I was summoned to meet with Snoke. Nerves began rising in my stomach as I tried not to think about the punishment ahead. Flashes of beatings and scars raced through my mind. I couldn't help but scold myself for the weeks I'd spent with Y/N. There was no way out of this now.

I entered the familiar empty room filled with a growing darkness. Bending my knees, I remained in my kneeling position until the grim hologram appeared.

"Stand," the monotone voice commanded. For a moment I felt fear flash within me before I returned to my rightfully wrathful state.

"Supreme Leader, I apologize for my absence but-"

"Silence Ren!" he interrupted. "I did not summon you here for excuses, I summoned you to ask why you failed the mission." Failed the mission? I wasn't away on any mission, and he knows that. What game is he playing at?

"Failed what mission?" I asked coolly, analyzing every bit of his figure.

"The texts, Ren, the texts! With Senate intel in First Order's hands, we can successfully eliminate the Resistance."

"I was never made aware of this mission." I glanced down, processing Snoke's words.

"There was no need seeing as you were rather... preoccupied with the girl." I felt myself cringe at the mention of Y/N. 

"You. You're the one that leaked the information about the Senate texts." I stated, gaining more clarity.  

"Ah, now you see, Ren. I only let you go with the girl to keep an eye on her. We both know the truth behind her power. And it would be a shame if she were to find out where exactly it came from. Hmm?" Screams echoed in the back of my mind as I tried to not think about that day.

"Yes, sir. I know what I must do." 

She can never know. I can never let her.

"I'm assured you will have learned your lesson. Now, kneel. You know better than to disobey me." I nodded, knees hitting the ground.

I left with only two new scars, this time.