The Nights of Ren

That night you couldn't fall asleep. Thoughts of what had happened that day raced through your mind as you desperately tried to cling to the darkness of the night. Why did he look upset? And what did he see to make him feel that way? 

For some reason you couldn't explain, you needed to know what he saw, what he was feeling. Your feet carried you out of your room and down the corridor. You didn't know why you were doing what you were doing, your body was in control.

You found yourself outside of Kylo's room; you could sense his presence. It was somber and lonely. You felt drawn to it, like it was magnetic. Your heart was beating a million miles per minute. Would he he let you in? Or turn you away?

You were sure by now that he could sense your presence, so you decided to commit to what you came for. You held your fist up to knock, but the door opened before you even got the chance. You walked in to see Kylo's form lying on his bed. 

"Kylo, I know things haven't been great lately, but I just wanted to say that if you needed to talk or anything, I'm here," you gently expressed as you joined him sitting on his bed. Out of instinct, you brushed a piece of his hair from his face.

You suddenly began to feel insecure. What were you doing? Did he even want you here? This was wrong. You decided it was best you leave before you crossed a line. As you began to stand up, you felt a hand grab yours.

"Stay," was all the voice said. You sat back down on the bed and hoped that your presence would be the comfort he needed.

You stayed up thinking for a while, letting your thoughts run wild. It wasn't long before you felt your eyes feel heavy. You fought the exhaustion for as long as possible until slumber wrapped you in its arms. You slept soundly knowing you could provide comfort for the boy by your side.