Skywalker

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that," was all he said before leaving you in a state of confusion. Your heart sank instantly. You were sure he had felt something too, right? No, this was all a mistake, a moment that you got caught up in. Nothing more.

Your mind flashed back to the past few weeks you had spent together. He had been so gentle and kind, a side that surprised you almost as much as it did him. The way he held you after that night in Tattooine. You could've sworn you it was out of more than just pity. Right? He didn't spend weeks tracking down your family for nothing. 

Maybe it was out of pity. Clearly he was still your superior and for him to be anymore was out of the question.

But the way he kissed me.

No. You needed to stop thinking about this before it gets to you. Brushing your fingers across one of the Senate texts, you decided to finally open it. After skimming a few pages, you realized this was the personal journal of an Obi Wan Kenobi. Could it be that you were descended from this man?

It wasn't long before you had read it start to finish. It seemed that this Obi Wan was a Jedi on the Jedi High Council and seemingly very powerful. He mentions an Anakin Skywalker which you inferred to be his Padawan. You continued to process this information wondering how it connected to you.

Then, realization hit you like a speeder bus.

You needed to find this Anakin Skywalker or at least a descendant of his. The only Skywalker you had known was a Luke, but he had gone into hiding years ago. He was on the run from the.....oh shit.

As the dots connected in your head, a knot began to form in your stomach. You would have to find this Luke before the First Order did.

You glanced over to see Kylo with tensed shoulders in the cockpit. He couldn't know. He couldn't help. Not with Snoke suspicious. You couldn't put him in danger like that. Whether you wanted to admit it or not, you cared too much for him. It would just be easier if you left. That way only you would be to blame, keeping him safe.

You subconsciously pressed your fingertips to your lips, the taste of Kylo still on them. You took one last glance at him before quietly placing the texts into your satchel. You tiptoed to the escape pod closing the hatch behind you. You knew you had about 9 seconds before Kylo would be alerted in the cockpit. 

Taking one last breath, you finished plugging in the coordinates.

"Here we go again," you smiled to yourself.