Chapter 14 : Party Problems

No-one's view ~

  As soon as the idea was confirmed, everyone began to prepare for the party, everyone (except Alfonso) having a spring of hope in their stride. The ultimate’s split off into several groups all allocated to a specific task. Jessica and Geno were left behind in the cafeteria to cook food for the event.

  Ideas of vibrant maroon colour cupcakes and blueberry donuts filled Jessica's busy mind as she skipped her way over to the kitchen, with Geno slacking behind. The kitchen was soon layered with dishes of ingredients. The duo began to whisk, stir, place and filter a multitude of items, which collectively radiated a sweet aroma.

  Topher, Tim and Maggie travelled over to the Textiles area, where Alice was first found hidden. The task of creating party clothes for the 'performers' were bestowed upon them. Topher was thrilled to be selected to make the costumes, and instantly began to pick out flamboyant cloth from the pile of scraps. Tim rustled through in search for deep, dark colours, resorting to use cloth of a moonlight purple hue. Maggie remained silent while producing the ideas for costumes, despite Tim’s efforts to strike up conversation.

  Nick, Heather, Alice and Dylan were directed towards the music room, all gifted the roles as 'performers' for the party. Heather excitedly browsed through the wide selection of guitars, occasionally swiping one up and strumming on it loudly. Alice tried his best to place back all the guitars that heather flung backwards, but Heather would rush back, and fling them back again, claiming they are 'rubbish'. Nick sat down, focused on his laptop. His fingers tapping away like a hummingbird's wings. Finally, Dylan practised his speech like a tape recorder, showing no sign of failure.

  Alfonso, Mina and Adam headed over to the Gym, with Alfonso carrying a box full to the brim with decorations. The gang began to deck the stage out with streamers, posters and colourful confetti. Alfonso stood back from the duo, only offering to contribute with simple task like tying a bow...

  Topher's view ~

  I was in high spirits about the upcoming event. My eyes would occasionally twitch in anticipation. My fingers held the cloth firmly in my hands as I passed it through the sewing machine. I could see Tim next to me with his considerable amount of contrasting colour cloths. It looked as if a unicorn had puked on the surface! I screwed my face up in disgust, and focused once again on my work.

  Tim suddenly let out a loud yelp in agony, quickly retreating his hand away from the plastic machine.

  "Tim, are you ok!?" Maggie quickly said, alerted by Tim's yelp of pain. Tim have no response, and began to giggle furiously. This had happened several times now, Tim being crazy that is. It honestly scares the hell out of me sometimes. Pink fluid dripped down from Tim's bloody finger, strands of thread protruding out of his skin.

  "Seriously, *Giggle* Why do you guys keep calling me Tim?" He said suddenly, watching the blood run down his finger onto the table.

  "Because that's your name, right?" Maggie raised her eyebrow, while searching around for something to clean the blood off of Tim's finger.

  "Hahahaha! Yes, but no, you bozo!" He snapped back, gritting his teeth, "I much prefer the name 'Ty' Thank you very much!"

  "Is that some kind of abrreviation?" I questioned. Tim pushed back his chair, and walked directly towards me. Maggie darted out her hand to stop him, but drew it back in instantly. He pulled down his face to be level with mine, a huge grin printed onto his face.

  "I seriously expected better from you guys, especially with all your 'ultimate talents... I at least expected you to LISTEN!"  Tim barked into my face, his eyes swirling into a deep red, matching his blazing hair, "I already told you, Im Ty, the better one..."