Chapter 7 : Trial 1 ~ Secure Alibi

Topher’s view ~ 

  Upon entering the gym, there was no sign of any monochrome puppet anywhere. We all stood around waiting for the rest to come back, and in hopes that they had information. Everyone was making no conversation with me, and left to talk with other people. I instantly became self-conscious, why was everyone avoiding me? 

  I couldn’t hold it back any longer, I demanded to get answers. I made my way over to Geno, who was standing by himself, looking up at the ceiling. His face instantly turnt to me, and his lips warped into a smile.

  "Do... you know what's up with everyone?" I asked. Geno scoffed, and then looked around at everyone. He adjusted his jacket, and then replied.

  "These guys think it was ye' who dunnit," Geno said, his green eyes piercing into my soul, "But I don’t see how a weakling like you coulda done such a thing". 

  "But, why? There is no way I could do anything like that..." I responded, getting a little teary. My hair felt horrible, and I knew it was crazily out of place, but I was more worried about being blamed than anything. Geno didn’t respond, but instead looked back at the entrance. Nick, Dylan, Mina and Maggie all walked in. Mina's cat hoodie covered her head completely, it was a complete mystery how she could walk straight.

  The instant they walked in, the ground started to vibrate vigorously. Like dominos, we all fell to the floor, hands over our heads. The quake was followed by a loud smashing sound. The floor was lifted high into the sky, and yells echoed throughout the hall. I couldn’t see anything, I was too busy clinging on for dear life. 

  "Everyone stay calm!" I heard Jessica shout, while being tossed side to side by the strong moving motions of the floor. The shaking came to an abrupt stop after that, and I quickly made my way back to my feet. My heart skipped a beat. A giant Monopug face was erected right where the stage once stood. Rubble was scattered all over the floor. The statues mouth was wide open, and its tongue winded out in front of it, just like a set of stairs. 

   "What the hell?" Dylan stuttered, slowly rising to his feet. Monopug walked in through the gym door, wearing a devious smile. 

  "It’s beautiful, isn’t it? Well, I hope you’re excited as I am for the trial! Just make yourself inside the mouth, and let’s get started!" Monopug said.

  "You want us to go into the mouth, that disgusting," Tim replied, sticking out his tongue.

  "Adventure into the mouth, coming this summer" Heather giggled, skipping her way over to the mouth.

  "Heather, wait!" I called out, but I was too late. She had already climbed into the statues wide mouth. Tim laughed and quickly followed in suit behind her, jumping his way over to the statue.

  "Let’s go, we can’t waste time," Maggie stated, following behind the crazy duo. I followed just behind Maggie. The tongue was squishy, and was extremely disturbing to walk on. I braced myself for the worst, and climbed my way into the gaping mouth. 

  I was expecting a room, but instead was greeted by a steel room, with a door at the end. The air was surprisingly cold, and my breath was visible in translucent patches. One by one we all made our way into the metal space, including Monopug. The ground started to shake again, but the floor started to move downwards. We were in an elevator.

   No-one's view ~

  The group were all deep in thought during the journey, no one spoke a word. It might have been because Monopug was in the same area, or maybe everyone was just scared to talk. The shaft would occasionally shake violently, sending a few people flying to the sides. It felt like forever before the doors finally opened to reveal the next area.