Chapter 8 : Trial 1 ~ Tears and insanity

No-one's view ~

  "It was worth a shot I suppose," Alfonso chuckled. The group nervously looked at each other, all knowing the simple truth, this was debate was going no-where. 

  A series of long, diabolical chuckles emitted from Tim's direction. His shoulders twitched, which caused his blood red hair to tremble. His skin was turnt a pale white, and his laughs continued to get louder and louder. Without any warning, his head shot up.

  "Hahahaha *wheeze* Stop beating round the bush, idiots! It’s so obvious who the culprit is, just look at the facts," Tim said, holding up his hair. His left eye was now completely blood red, and he had a wide grin fixed onto his face. He lifted up his arm, let out another chuckle, and pointed at Topher.

  "Huh, what... what do you mean?" Topher screamed, almost jumping out his skin. 

  "Hm? You don’t know what paints you as the perfect candidate for a murderous little rat? Your stupidity makes me laugh!" He laughed again. His arm stayed permantly in place, towards Topher.

  "Well, the b... book we found the knife in was a hairdressing book..." Nick quivered, still jittering after being blamed.

  "Yes, that is true, but I still not convinced," Replied Maggie, puzzled.

  "Not only that, we also found this at the scene," Adam quickly put forward his arm, and opened up his hand. It was a hair gel lid. 

  "That's not mine, I promise!" Topher objected. His hair started to droop, and Topher was trying his best to keep it up.

  "It seems plausible, but how could he of done it?" Gel added, looking sorry for Topher, who was fighting back tears.

  "Pah, the scum had a lot of time ta' do it, besides, why were you out cha' room?" Geno questioned.

  Topher's sweat was dripping like rain onto his podium. "I was, uh, searching for hair gel, cus' mine ran out..." He replied rapidly, rubbing his hands through his blonde hair.

  Geno scoffed, "Doesn’t hold up as well as Maggie's and Mina's, huh? I knew I couldn’t trust cha' you little shrimp!".

  Silence fell over the room. The only sounds heard were Tim's crazy laughing and Topher's sweat hitting the podium. Monopug's voice echoed through the room.

  "Well? You decided on the culprit yet? If not, hurry up, IM BORED!"

  "I think we can vote now..." Nick sighed, focusing on Topher.

   "Hold on," Mina said softly. It was the first time she had spoken throughout the whole time they had been trapped in the horrid school. Her voice was calm, not a trace of worry. "Before you vote, you should listen to my reasoning".

  The group's mouths hung wide open, but they all leaned in to listen, including Monopug. "It can’t have been Topher, the rules state that a warning will be sent out when at least 3 people, excluding the culprit, has seen the victim. Unless someone else came along while Topher was getting us, this completely put's Topher out of the equation," Mina said firmly. Topher's sweat continued to pour down his face, and his hands still ran through his hair repetitively, but his breathing had calmed down.

  "Then who was it!" Geno replied, his face red.

  Mina took a breath, and continued with her speech. "If anyone of you looked around at all, you would of noticed an off patch in the library carpet, as if something was spilt onto it."

  "So it's someone who had a drink, since you were in the cafeteria, you should know!" Adam cheered, clapping his hands. Heather joined in with the clapping.