Chapter 20 : Weak secrets

No-one's view ~

  Jessica quickly jumped into her room, and slammed the door shut. The blood red walls radiated colour, painting her clothes a thick maroon. She waddled further into her room, biting down on her lip. Her mind trailed off, reminiscing the previous events of today. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she slumped down next to her bed. The floor was dusted with red glitter, which clung onto Jessica's clothes like glue.

  After wiping away the multitude of tears from her glistening eyes, she noticed a strange contraption at the end of her shabby-looking bed. Reluctantly, Jessica wavered to her feet, brushing off the array of glitter attached to her jeans. The machine resembled a box, and was made from some sort of metal. The top of the box displayed a pixel screen, but only blackness reflected from it. 

  Curious, Jessica swiped her hand across the screen. The electronic device suddenly flickered on, causing Jessica to jump back a little. Illuminating the red room, the screen transcended into a shimmering white colour. A pixel character of Jess was located directly in the centre, a grin placed on its tiny face. A digital clock was placed just below it, coloured black and white, the border fitted with fancy curls and swirls.

  The clock showed 0:30, and the amount was rapidly decreasing. Jessica got worried, and quickly tried to shut off the machine. To her misfortune, Jessica couldn't find a power button anywhere on the machine, leaving her in a panicked mess.

  "Come on, what is this?" Jessica said panickly, sweat bolting down her round face. Her skin was dyed whiter than sour cream as the clock continued to decrease. 0:15... 0:10... 0:05... Jessica braced herself for the worse, composing herself in a karate pose. The clock finally ticked to zero, and the device randomly shut off.

  A game show jingle ricocheted around the room, burning Jessica's ears. A pixel Monopug appeared on the digital screen on a stage like background. The stage had 5 doors placed on it, all lit up a different colour. Jessica's name suddenly flashed at the bottom of the screen, decorated with lights and sparkles. The animated Monopug waddled over to the red door, and clasped the handle. Jessica once again braced herself, unknowing of the upcoming events.

  The screen flickered red, and words appeared on screen. The font was humungous, and was outlined with a thick red coat. The message read, "I am literally two faced!" Jessica furrowed her brow, confused. The screen once again showed Monopug, and it waved goodbye to the dumbfound Jessica. Leaving Jessica bamboozled, the screen cut to black, and powered off. 'I am literally two faced,' what did that mean? Jessica attempted to shake off the wonder, but to no success. 

  The mysterious device and its weird words glued itself to Jessica's mind. She spun and tossed in her sleep, battling her constant nightmares, hoping to wake up to the reality she wants. With hours gone by, Jessica finally found peace among the situation, laying down her head against a sweaty pillow...

  No-one's view ~

  The morning sunshine shone through the cyan tinted cafeteria windows, or at least it would be if they were not bolted shut and covered with metal. One by one the students gathered into the cyan cafe, all thinking the exact same thing.

  "Did anyone else... get that message?" Nick stuttered, revving up the conversation.

  "Hm, yeah," Alice nodded, sipping her steaming hot tea, of which she had retrieved from the kitchen.

  Adam raised his hand, and attracted everyone's attention: "Does anyone know what it means?"

  Geno shook his head, his face painted with gloom and stricken with grief; "It could mean a lot of things..."