Chapter 21: Exploration

No one's view ~

  Reluctantly, preparing for the worst, the group separated into two separate teams to explore the new 'floor'. From the second floor a new flight of stairs had strangely appeared from what seemed no-where. Topher, Heather, Geno and Alice set out to explore the Left side, while the majority of the other students were set the task of exploring the right side.

  The third floor was splattered with a wide pallet of colours. The walls were dyed indigo and the floor glowed a deep maroon. "All these colours are totally messing with my vision," Topher whined, rubbing his eyes "I'll go blind by the time we escape this hell!"

  Alice sighed loudly, and casually picked up her pace, "Moaning won't get us anywhere, and we are up here to search around, remember?" Topher flicked his hand through his hair, but denied the urge to argue back.

  Rows of mint green lockers were pinned against the wall. Geno grasped the handle to open the cabinets, but they resisted his strength. "They not budgin', not sayin' I'm surprised thou'" he scoffed, rubbing his hand. Heather happily strolled up next to Geno, her face brimming with joy.

  "Why you so cheery? You do kno..." Geno was abruptly stopped by the sound of Metal being forced apart. Heather's fist was directly inside one of the cabinets, a large puncture located where she punched. Alice and Topher stood in awe as she retrieved her hand from the green locker, her face still wearing a goofy smile.

  "Mina taught me how to do that!" Heather smiled, "I call it the 'FIST PUNCH THAT DESTROYS EVERYTHING!". A long silence ensued the group, Geno stunned by her surprising strength.

  "Uh, well, um, was there anything in there?" Alice stuttered, her face diluted a pale peach. Heather once again stretched her arm into the cabinet, and pulled out a small card.

  "It kind of looks like an ID, if you ask me!" Heather sniggered, flashing the card towards Alice. The card had a picture of a red haired boy, his hair curled crazily, and his skin peachy. A list of information was located just to the right of his picture, detailing features such as name, age etc...

  "Michael Sand, 15, Lakepeak academy student..." Alice slowly read through the information, trying to piece together the information.

  "It's obviously just a student card, this is a school after all," Topher announced, impressed with his observation.

  Alice withdrew her face away from the ID, "I guess that is all then, how... un-useful". Heather placed the ID back into the cabinet, and merrily skipped down the colourful corridor once again.

  It was not long until the group stumbled across another weird feature of the third floor. The walls caved outwards to present a room which could be freely walked into. The floor resembled a checkerboard, and a counter was set in the corner of the room. A big refrigerated display was settled next to the counter, its shelf completely empty. A blood red door was placed behind the counter, which led through to a kitchen area.

  "It looks like this is the tuck shop Monopug was talking about..." Topher said, inspecting the display.

  "It's actually pretty inviting," Alice cheered, "Jessica is going to love this place!"

  Heather looked at the many pictures which lined the walls, pictures of buns, sweets and everything sugary. Heather couldn't resist but to constantly lick her lips, her stomach growling like a lion. "I would murder to nom on all of these..." Heather mumbled. Geno rolled his eyes in her random joke, but Topher trembled in fear. "Only kidding, pu!" Heather chuckled, looking at the mortified face of the blonde boy.

  Alice chuckle lightly, and yet managed to keep her face serious. "That... That's not funny!" Topher choked, covering up his blushing cheeks.

  "You look like a baby when you are embarrassed!" Heather sniggered, her mouth stretching across her face in a wonky smile. Geno grumbled loudly from the other side of the room.