||Cherokee Rose||

- - -

- - -

Delilah, Riley, and Lucas were in the room with Dylan who was still asleep. Everyone else was outside helping collect rocks to build something for Otis' funeral when the rest of the group arrived. The people outside heard the rumble of Daryl's motorcycle.

Delilah was watching Dylan when he started groaning.

"Bubba?" She asked softly.

"Riley and Carl? Are they okay?" He asked. Riley sits up.

"Dylan!" She said excitedly he softly chuckles. "You saved us." she told him and he looks at Delilah who nodded.

"That's what I went out there to do, Princess." he told her as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"You should get some rest bud." Lucas tells him. He nods and the three go to get up and greet the group outside when Dylan reaches out for Delilah's hand.

"Please stay." He tells her she looks at Lucas who nods and she climbs into the bed with him. He wraps one arm around her and she lays her head on his shoulder. The couple quickly fall asleep, content in each others arms.

Meanwhile Lucas walked outside to see the group all getting out of their vehicles.

"How is he?" Dale asked the boy.

"He'll pull through, thanks to Hershel and his people. And we probably would have lost him if not for Shane." He informed the group. Everyone slowly walks up and gives him a hug. Riley runs to Daryl and he scoops her up into his arms.

 "How's Delilah doing?" Carol asked him.

"She's alright. She's in there right now because he wanted her to stay with him. I think she's sleeping she stayed up all night." he paused before answering the next question everyone wanted to ask. "And the baby is fine too." He says and a few people chuckle. 

"How'd it happen?" Dale asked. It's Rick who answers this time.

"Hunting accident. That's all- just a stupid hunting accident. He pushed Riley and Carl out of the way, saved their lives." Everyone nods. 

While everyone was out having the funeral.  Dylan and Delilah were curled up in bed together. Delilah was asleep and Dylan could tell she didn't get much sleep while he was shot. He was rubbing circles on her belly, smiling softly down at the girl. Her eyelids slowly fluttered open and she yawned.

"Hi." He croaked out.

"Hi." she said and scooted closer to him. It was silent for a while when she continued, "You scared the shit out of me bubba."

"I'm sorry," He said, "but if it wasn't me it would have been Riley or Carl and the reason I went with them was to make sure they don't get hurt." 

"I know I just," she takes a deep breath, "I just-- I thought I was gonna lose you." 

"You won't ever lose me. I'm here for the long run." He told her jokingly making her laugh. "What did you do while I was out?"