The stars

You woke up in a small bed. Your eyes fluttered open slowly, your head was pounding and you felt like you couldn't breathe. You looked around the small room and recognised a familiar face.

"You're awake." The gentle, boyish voice sighed in relief. "I thought we lost you for a moment there."

You focused on the person speaking and finally recognised him. "Haa..." You tried to speak but your voice croaked and your throat burned.

"Please don't, I wouldn't want you to feel worse."

You furrowed your eyebrows and began shaking so much you couldn't see straight. 'What happened?' Were the words you so desperately wanted to ask him. 'Where am I? Why am I here?' You began shaking even more as breathing became harder and harder. You couldn't. You couldn't breathe!

"Doctor Yosano!" Atsushi ran out the room screaming the doctor's name. You became more frightened every ragged breath you took. You tried to make him stay, you tried to raise your hand and stop him, but it was no use. Your lungs were on fire and you felt like something was simply blocking your ability to intake air. Your eyes were watery and you prayed for someone to help you.

Through tear-stained eyes and an awful headache you heard a voice, a soothing voice whisper in your ear.

"Relax."

How could you?

"Breathe."

But you didn't remember how to do that.

"It's alright, you're in the doctor's office, you fainted and now you're here."

Those were the words you wanted to hear. You knew who it was speaking to you, but you didn't want to acknowledge his presence, only his words.

"You had a small panic attack, the Tanizaki siblings found you on the floor and brought you here. Yosano will be back any minute now, all you need to do is breathe."

You focused, that soothing voice was calming your nerves. His hands were holding one of yours, caressing them in a gentle manner. You were finally able to take a deep breath, in and out. Although it was raspy, it was enough to send oxygen back to your brain and stop you from choking on nothing.

"Good girl, that's great." Dazai hummed, "In... and out. Deep breath in... and out."

He then pat your head, stroking your (h/c) locks delicately and carefully. As one would a scared animal. "See? Everything's alright dear, nothing out of the norm." Unbeknownst to you, he smiled gently. "Just a little headache and sore throat is all."

You closed your eyes and concentrated on his words. In and out.

You stayed there for quite a while. Dazai just whispered sweet words into your willing ears. His compliments going straight to your brain and calming your heart. When you felt ready, you spoke.

"Pa...Panic..." The hoarse voice hadn't changed, you were about to freak out once more. Luckily, Dazai didn't need to hear your words to understand their meaning.

"After our little chat back on the deck, you walked into the women's bed chambers. Apparently you had a small panic attack that had you shivering all over the place. By the time the siblings got to you, you were already out cold. Jun'ichiro brought you here, you should have seen his face – he was terrified. They placed you on this bed and Yosano said to let you rest easy for a while, something about a possible trigger of sorts." He explained calmly. "So we did, you were asleep for half a day."

Your eyebrows raised in surprise as you shot up, you were about to say something but Dazai stopped you.

"Ah, ah. No speaking. You mustn't strain yourself." He pushed you lightly back down, which was probably a good idea since your head began spinning the second you were sitting. "Doctor's orders. Speaking of which, she should be arriving any moment now..."