The trial

"Fuck!" You whisper-shouted, "Fuck me!" You quickly shot once more and this time you managed to make the rope snap with your bullet. Problem is this time you didn't have a cover-up shot to hide your position.

" What was that? "

" Where'd it come from? "

Well...

.

.

.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

You threw the rifle towards the opposite side of the wall and jumped down behind one of the few marines who hadn't run to tackle officer Johnson, you grabbed his hair and pulled his head back, exposing his throat and holding your blade to it.

"Move and I'll cut you into pretty little pieces." You hissed into the tall man's ear. You felt him nod slowly and raise his hands slightly so you could see them. You still had your head covered by the peaker you had stolen from a drunken man on the streets.

You slowly walked towards the stand while holding the man hostage. You expected a reaction from the marines but you knew you had caught a big fish when you noticed their terrified faces. Your eyebrows furrowed and you looked around with your eyes, keeping your face almost pressed against the captive's back so not to let anyone get even a glimpse.

You shot Johnson a determined look as he himself seemed petrified with fear. You guided the man towards the centre, where Dazai was currently being held.

"Lower your guns or 'm splillin' 'is guts." Your voice boomed throughout the quiet space, no one dared speak and no one dared move. You finally looked up from the man's back, at last you recognised the fairly long hair and you knew you fucked up.

Of course you had just capture Admiral Oscar fucking Wilde of all people.

You sighed and just kept walking until you got to the hanging ground where Dazai was smirking, the rope at his feet ever since you had shot it. He wore this calm smile on his face and that pissed you off more than you already were.

' I'm really starting to talk like them, aren't I? ' You huffed and tried to dial down on the 'colourful' language. If father heard you speak like such, he would have your head served on a platter. Speaking of father, you glanced at him through the corner of your eye and he looked just as shocked as all the other officers. Surprise and fear, no disappointment. Good.

You walked the vice admiral up on the stand where the pirate was standing. Apparently they wanted to express a play of power by having the rest of the crew chained together nearby to watch their captain die. How barbaric.

You stood there, right next to Dazai with the admiral covering you from the peoples' curious gazes. You needn't turn to the brunet for him to know you were addressing him whilst you spoke.

"You shit, really making me work aren't you." You hissed in annoyance as he offered you a devilish grin.

"Oh? And who might you be, brutish stranger?" He asked innocently, his facial expression though was anything but. "Or should I call you my saviour?"

"Mark my words, I'll be the one to murder you." You hissed a little too loudly, at the sound of your voice changing slightly, Oscar Wilde appeared to turn his head towards you. His eyes scanning you down, you glared at him and let the blade bite at his neck a little harder. But you knew that you had let his gaze linger two seconds too much, because the seconds he turned around he wore a knowing smile on his face. Your grip on his hair tightened and you even tugged it back. He giggled and moved so he could whisper something into your ear: