II

"All done, Madame, the breakfast is ready. Master is already looking for you." Jennie informed. It's the same day, I opened my eyes in this strange world.

"Hmm." I respond and get up. Even though the hot bath helped to ease the pain between my legs, I can't help but to feel dizzy and weak right now.

"Is it possible to have breakfast in my bedroom? I don't feel really well"

"Should I call the royal physician My Lady?" This is just a mild fever, why call someone so important?

"Oh!" Jennie suddenly said.

I sat on the comfy bed, the blood stained comforter was taken care of the maids, now, the bed smells new and it's more comfortable than the previous one.

"I am afraid that the duke is willing to eat with you and would not take no for an answer madame. After all, this is your first meal as the duchy couple."

I saw romance sparks in her eyes. What a determination, does she thinks that the duke and the owner of this body is in love?

Well no!

The duke hates Cressida to the bone! Well who wouldn't? She's like a slut leach who dares to seduce the duke blatantly.

Cressida was able to be the Duke's wife through wicked means. My father, William Buscher is a mere Marquis that dares to threaten the Dukedom of Bizeviron with the help of Aristocrat Faction.

There is two Dukes in the Empire, the Dukedom of Bizeviron and the Dukedom of Astaseul.

Duke Alessio Kail Astaseul is the blood related of the Emperor, and it is understandable that they are supposed to be a part of inheriting the throne.

However, King Leroy fell in love with Regan's aunt, since then, Bizeviron pledge their loyalty to the royal family and that is when theEmperor announced that the Dukedom of Bizeviron is a part of those who can inherit the throne.

Not to mention that before he announced that his maternal family can also inherit the throne.

It is when Astaseul, the Grand Duke formed the Aristocrat Faction that opposes the Emperor.

As far as I remembered it is around spring when Empress Teyla conceived the young prince, Derrick's sworn brother.

Because of too much thinking I stumbled, and felt dizzy again.

"M-Madame---"

"Don't call me Madame, I have yet to conceive a child to be called Madame." I snarl at her and continued on walking.

Who wouldn't be angry if they got reincarnated against their will? And where the hell is truck-kun? Or maybe car-kun? Or worst bike-kun is supposed to be the one to murder me?

"Duchess Ophelia has arrived." The butler Zehin announced and opened the huge door, and there sat comfortably a man at the end of the table.

I sat at the edge of the table across him which made him frown. "That is strange, aren't my little wife going to seduce me?" He said with fire in his eyes.

I return the intensity of his staring and responded.

"Worry not your grace, I will not." I said and started to cut the steak on my plate and started to eat. I can still feel his eyes on me but I didn't mind it and proceeded on  eating, after a few seconds he also began to eat.

Stuffing the last steak in my mouth, I chew on it and drink the juice prepared by the maids.

"Ahem, is it possible to speak with your grace."

He stared at me as if reading my thought and said "In the office." He stood up and walk away, I did the same and followed behind him.

Maybe he noticed the change in me which is good. I do not intend to be his wife or meddle in this novel, after he killed Ophelia, he will take in another wife named Czarina Burks.

"So, what does my little wife wants to talk about." He said as he settles down on his chair behind his office table. He sat there while staring at me giving me hawk eye looks.

"I want a divorce."

I said when i gathered enough courage. I watch as his face change it's reaction. He was wearing a sarcastic face awhile ago but now. He seems angry.

"How funny, you went and did all methods you think of to marry me and get that duchess position, and now you are proposing to have a divorce? Right after the wedding?" He fumes in anger and fire is evident in his eyes.

"Are you perhaps taking this a light matter? Can I take this as an insult? Wife."

"But if we get divorced, isn't that favorable for you?"

"Favorable? In what way?"

I exhale and look at him straight to the eyes.

"Doesn't your grace intend to make a commoner boy as your heir?"

His eyes widen and it became fierce he became cautious as well as nervous.

"You.... Never failed to amaze me of how of a cunning wicked woman you are."

I didn't mind what he said and speak of what I wanted to say. "I, Cressida will adopt the boy you want to take in."

He remains silent which I take as a moment for me to explain further.

"Since the duke has no relation to the boy, I will make him my sister's adoptive son and adopt him with the excuse that I, am infertile and we cannot have our legitimate child."

He just stared at me "If your grace know that my mother and father has divorced, both supports me but both of them has their reasons. As you know that my father is a supporter of the grand duke, and he wanted to keep you in check through me. While my mother supports whatever decision I make wether it's good or bad. And my sister who got married 2 years ago have yet to have her child, she can adopt the boy in our place before adopting him in the duchy after the documents is finished. By then, the boy will be my nephew which is a good start. I will spread rumours about me being infertile, but I am sure that it will spread like a plague itself."

I hope my sincerity will reach him, but of course my conscience is killing me. What about Derrick? If only he was born between Regan and Czarina, then I wouldn't been this guilty.

"How much time do you want till I sign the divorcement papers?"

"Just 4 months is enough."

He shows me the face that says he do not trust a shit about me. I just stared at him and sighed. "I swear on the name of the Goddess Mieaila, that I, Cressida Ophelia, the Duchess of Bizeviron will fulfill the promises I made with Duke Regan Alastair Bizeviron, cross my heart and hope to die."

It seems like he was taken a back because of the swear I made under the Goddess's name. Everyone who failed the things they swear upon the Goddess's name will die in a cruel way.

"So tell me your grace, is it a deal or no deal?"

He was silent for a little while before opening his mouth to say something.

"Deal."

June 13 2021
LizzannaWrites