III

The novel have two books. One is the original, and the other is a side story which is Derrick's story. The actual main lead is the boy that Regan wants to be his heir.

That is Calix Rafael Bizeviron. The long lost son of the first Empress. Because of his disappearance, the Empress lost her mind and massacred all of the maids in Rose Palace before she committed suicide.

In his story, he and Derrick fought each other to become the heir of Bizeviron duchy.

Either way, even in Derrick's story they fought as well. That is the only similar scene that happened in each story, aside from that, everything is completely different.

Calix's story was sad at first and in the end was a happy ending with his female lead. On the other hand. Derrick's was sad at first till the end, it is still sad.

An abusive mother, unhappy childhood, his father doesn't trust him and refused to acknowledge him. His fiancee getting stolen by the Grand duke's and there's so much unhappy things that happened to Derrick which made me guilty.

If I decided to give birth to him, will he be unhappy in this life as well? But the real question is...

Who's story is this?

There is no way for me to know who's the main characters because both has their own story. It's like the their story is their pov. Calix' story started when he was still in the slums. And Derrick's started in his everyday life with the crazy, abusive Duchess, which is me right now.

But now now, it doesn't matter to me anymore. Because I have an idea that all of you wouldn't even think of.

"My lady." Jennie, my maid gently shook my shoulder. I look at her and responded with a hum.

"You have been staring at your portrait with the Duke for such a long time now. I am worried because you seems like you are bothered." She said.

I can't help but smile at her, such a sweet child doesn't deserve to die.

In both original and Derrick's pov, Jennie died because of Duchess Cressida. Jennie feeling sympathy for Derrick, she treated him well and Cressida hated that.

So she whipped Jennie to death...

Young Derrick doesn't want to be the Duchy's young lord, he was relieved when Calix came and become his half brother and also fill the role that he doesn't covet. But everything crashed down when his father killed his mother. That drives him mad and seek revenge for his mother.

Even though, he was treated badly by Cressida, he still loves her and hoped for her to love him back.

And his late mother hoped for him to become the next Duke, which made him fight his brother Calix.

"I want to have some tea."

"I will prepare it now." She smiled and walk away. I sighed and walk towards the balcony. Outside of the Duchess' room is a vast garden of roses. It was dedicated to the late duchess and built by Regan's father.

The love story of the late Duke and Duchess Bizeviron is truly unforgettable.

So unforgettable that I don't want to even talk about it...

My eyes went down when I saw someone moving. It's the duke with his butler Zehin and his aid slash captain of the Duke's knight. Percival.

They were talking and completely lost in their own world that they didn't noticed me staring right at them. Well I wouldn't like to get found out staring at them either anyway.

Since I have nothing to do, I just stared at them.

"My Lady, your afternoon snacks is prepared in the garden." Jennie informed from my back, I turn and stare at her.

"Why is it prepared at the garden?"

She started playing with her thumbs and become hesitant. " I thought that you would like it if you have it in the garden, doesn't My Lady like sunny weather?"

I sighed and nodded, indeed, I like sunny weather too, not as Cressida but as my real self.

"All right."

She beamed at me and started to dress me up. Although we are just going outside, she put in a lot of effort to dress me up.

"I tomorrow, I will replace all of this." I said as I look at those over exaggerated dresses. Too dark and too fancy.

"Really?" Jennie said and I nodded.

"You don't believe me?"

"It's because My Lady prefers those kind of dresses." She said and pointed at those kind of dresses she's talking about. I just hum and went out to go to the garden.

I'm going to walk as if I am no one but it seems like it is impossible to happen.

"Oh, the Duchess."

Percival shouted, I even bothered to walk at the farthest walk way towards the Gazebo.

'Great' I muttered before turning to them and give them a smile, all they responded was an awkward smile and greet. While Regan glares at me.

I didn't mind them and walk towards the gazebo without any worries. They already noticed me, why should I worry now?

I mind my own business and ate to my heart's content. I was in pure bliss until Regan shows up at my side, my eyebrows arched and I ask. "Yes?"

He didn't say anything and he just sat across me and told the maids to prepare a tea for him. I ignore him and continued on doing my own business, brain storming..

A habit of mine that I can't seem to get rid of. Because of that, I always get migraines.

"When will you adopt Calix?" He broke the silence. I putted down my tea cup and smiled at him.

"I will, in a few days, we are still having trouble because the boy doesn't want to come with my servants, unless you come to get him or tell him that they are one of yours.

"I will come and persuade him then."

"Great, it is greatly appreciated."

"..."

"..."

I look at him and he's staring right on my face.

"What?"

"I want our deal to be written in papers, I would like to add some rules, of course you can also add yours."

"Alright then, the papers will be done by tomorrow morning."

"Good."

June 15 2021
LizzannaWrites