S2: XLVII

Dedicated to: MyCallousedhands
I hope you do well in your examinations (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)

As I watch my son, Calix, doing his swordsmanship lessons with Sir Percival. I am having desserts with my Derrick.

He's on my lap, and he's toying with his divine power. I asked Regan if it was alright for him to do that, and he said no but it's okay as well.

It's not okay but it's fine.

He just let Derrick do whatever he wants, and I have nothing against that. All he said to me that it would not harm him, that is all that matters to me.

"Momma! Butterfly!"

His beautiful light yellow power formed into two beautiful butterflies. No matter how many times I see it, it still fascinated me.

But I also noticed that whenever he's toying with his power, he would form two things, just like this one, two butterflies.

"Mommy wants to see a daisy."

Derrick smiled before focusing on his hands, later on, the light-colored like mist formed into two daisies.

It seems like Derrick loves number two.

"Oh my." I looked at Asrid in front of me, she's looking fondly at Derrick.

"He's a bright child Madame, he exactly knows what he's doing." She smiled at me, the kind of smile with a meaning behind it.

But I know she doesn't mean harm to me or my family. Asrid is a good person. I am sure of that. I must admit that she's somehow strange whenever she's seeing Derrick. It must be because of the thing that happened when my son... died.

"You like my son very much, thank you so much Asrid, its very kind of you."

"Well, that child has a very interesting future, just like that one over there." This time she looked at Calix.

"A boy, destined to love two women at the same time."

I frowned in confusion. Regan had told me that she is the embodiment of the goddess, I was not sure about that because in the novel, it is just Astherielle who showed up and became a saintess to help Calix.

Suddenly, I find myself nervous around this girl, the same age as my son.

"T-Then you... You know what I am..."

Her eyes that lingers to Calix turn to me.

"Yes. I know everything."

"Evithing!" -Derrick.

"I must tell you the truth, if you didnt made a mistake back then, you wouldve had the life that you wanted, but without this one." She looked at my son who didnt care about us and focused on playing with his divine power.

"You would've had a nice cozy two storey house, a place that you call book café."

I flinched. She knew.

"You had the same fate as that Imperial child. The only difference was, he was fated to love two women but you are fated to be love by two men."

For some reason, I got a grasp at what she wanted to say. It must be Regan and Alessio...

"If you didnt gave your heart to my descendant, it's either you'll be the only Grand Duchess or you will live your life similar to the world you came from. But I must tell you, that your fate, can easily change. Everything is not too late. You can still be a Grand Duchess, or the woman that you used to be..."

My lips quiver and I stared at her...

"I-I... Can I still return?"

Asridielle became silent, her lips formed into thin line as her eyes bore to mine.

"Probably."

"P-robably?"

"Maybe..."

"..."

She fixed her posture and fully turn her body to face me.

"Do you want to?"

Her question struck me so hard.

Yes... Do I want to?

I do find that my life in earth must be boring that only revolves to work, but I always find it satisfying. It was fine for me...

Is it?

Unlike this world without internet and any technology, I sometimes feel bored, but nonetheless I am doing fine, and I am happy...

Do I really want to go back?

"No... I can't." I answered.

"Then you can't." She gave me a small smile before looking back at my son Derrick.

Then that means there's a way that I could return in earth?

I don't want to go back. My life is here now. Although I don't know if I'm still alive in that world, what would I even do when I go back?

I've already spent years of my life here in this world, I've given birth to my child, my family is here. Why would I even think of going back?

"Dear, the Duke is calling for you. If you don't mind, shall I keep an eye for this little one?"

I was driven out of my thought when Mrs. Guila showed up and told me that Regan was looking for me.

Mrs. Guila became my sons nanny, and her husband became one of the coachman of the duchy. Her twins became maids and they often played with my sons aswell. On the otherhand, their eldest child, Arwen decided to get married with one of the duchy's maids and left.

"Then, I'll go for awhile to see my husband."

As I walk into the corridors, I can't help it but reminisce the past. I'm happy right now, and I hope that it'll never change...

I knocked on the door when I arrived outside of Regan's office.

After a few seconds the door opened and then Regan held my hands as he guide me inside.

When my eyes wander on his face, I frowned when I noticed that he looks like he's anxious about something.

"What's wrong?"

He sighed.

"Do you want to participate?"

"Participate?"

"The Empire will welcome Azalais' delegation."

If so, the Empire have no choice but to hold a grand banquet to welcome an allied Empire.

"If I have to."

He stared at my face intensely, before looking away.

"I don't want you to go."

"Why?"

"It seems like something will happen. I don't feel good about the delegation, something is wrong with their sudden visit."

I nodded "If you don't want me to go, then I won't."

With that, he smiled at me before leaning down for a kiss.

"I'll just go by myself, I will increase the knights in the duchy just in case, to keep you and our sons in safety."

That made me smile, I hugged him tight and gently swayed our body, left to right.

I was on cloud nine...

Unaware of Regan's expression at my back...

Unedited
September 14, 2022
LizzannaWrites