XXX

The dark aura dissipated, now he just looks like a man lost in his thoughts as he looks at me after his confession. I had always known that Regan loves me, he always mutters those three sweet words to me every morning before he gets up and starts working.

"I love you, Cressida I love you, I love you wife. I love you and our sons."

Those were the words he always whispers to my ear when I'm sleeping, the efforts that he puts in when I'm having a hard time because of my pregnancy, he cares a lot for me. There was never a day he ever said that he doesn't love me...

"It is true that I love the Grand Duke..." His eyes drooped and now he looks like a lost child in the middle of a busy street.

"And it is true that we love each other because we were once engaged, we promised that we'll love each other for an eternity..."

"Stop..." a tear escaped his left eye.

"Just stop... It hurts... You're hurting me..."

But I'm not the real Cressida, the pain that I felt earlier with the Grand Duke must be the real Cressida's feelings and not mine. It was so faint that it's almost unnoticeable. It's not me who loves the Grand Duke, but how should I tell Regan my feelings?

"I love you..."

Those words just came out of my mouth, it made Regan fall to his knees.

"Just who are you saying it to? I told you to stop it Cressida... Don't you know how much it hurts that I badly want to stab myself?"

"I love you, Regan Alastair Bizeviron."

He raised his head and his pale gold eyes looked at me with pure confusion. I just smiled at him before spreading my arms wide for him. "I would love it if my crybaby husband stops crying and hug me instead."

He immediately hugged me and settled his face in the crook of my neck.

"Do you think that I'm stupid enough to sleep with you for the third time? If I indeed love the Grand Duke, I would've avoided sleeping with you at all cost."

I heard him chuckling as he inhaled my scent. He moves away from me before kneeling again to kiss my bump.

"Don't you hate having a child with me?" I blurted out of nowhere.

"Me? Not at all." He responded before kissing my belly again.

"Really? You hated me back then before I got pregnant."

"Well that was before, it's all different now that you changed."

I flinched and he noticed it.

"No matter what your secret is, it doesn't matter at all to me. Just to let you know that I am always ready to listen to all of what you wanted to say."

He knows...

"How did you know?"

"Would you hate me if I said that you're being too obvious?"

What? What part of me is being obvious since I reincarnated here?

"First, is everything about you changed. I was not believing it for you're like your scheming father. But then I realized that you're really different as if you're someone else. Our first night happened because you drugged me and you forced me. I hated you for that, our second consummation night was done because of the elders' schemes. I know that you don't want me then. And the third, I seduced you."

"What are you trying to say?" I can't understand, because all he's saying is about our s*x scenes.

"I'm saying that the real Cressida would always drug me, but you did nothing during our monthly consummation nights. Also, you never got curious why you haven't received any letters from your father, the Marquis."