XXXIX

She'll definitely hate me... My wife.

My Cressida...

I stared at the body of our child. His whole body is so white, and so cold as well...

"I will kill them..."

"I will fucking kill everyone who entered the Imperial Palace..."

I was caught off guard when suddenly the child that I kidnapped from the slums revealed herself. It was so weird to see her doing well despite my divine power circulating inside my room.

"Calm down..." I noticed the sudden change of her voice, it was different. It sounds like a fully grown woman's.

As I stare at her, I noticed some differences she have from the other twin, and came to know that she's the eldest of the twins, Asridielle...

"Regan Alistair Bizeviron, are you willing to do anything in return for your son's life?" She asked.

I gulped nervously "Yes, can you save him?"

"I will in one condition..."

"Y-Yes! A-Anything!"

Her golden eyes glowed as she stared at the dead body of my child, she crouch and her finger touched my child's throat.

"You must offer this child to me."

Offer? What does that mean?

"When the child grows up, you must take this child to the temple and make him the Paladin."

Paladin... They're the knights of the temple who has the purest souls. It is said that the more the purest souls resides inside the temple, the more likely that the Goddess's power will be shown in the continent, it benefits those who can wield divine power.

Since my child inherited my power, he'll most likely be the strongest Paladin that this continent would've ever seen...

I gulped and held my son's nape with my other hand and with the other I supported his lower body.

"I, Regan Alistair Bizeviron swore to Goddess's Mieaila..."

Offering something to the Goddess means that she blessed them, as well as she owns them the moment you swore on her name.

The child who's body is possessed by the Goddess, touched my son's throat again.

At the end of her finger, a light showed up before going inside of my son's throat. Soon enough gold insignia appeared on my son's throat.

Then I noticed that the pale body of my son started to have a faint hue, his limp arms started wriggling and then his face slightly frowned

"U-Uwaaaah!"