S2: LVII

Warning: 

Scenes of Violence, and torture can be read in this part, if you are not comfortable with these please refrain from reading this part, reader's discretion is advised...

************

A stinging pain in my stomach woke me up. I winced in pain and looked at my surroundings, both of my hands were tied up and I was hanging, my feet barely touching the ground.

"Ah!" I yelped when I felt pain in my stomach, I only noticed that a dagger was stabbed in my stomach.

"Oh, you're awake already." My eyes landed on a woman with navy blue hair and celeste eyes, a dark purple snake that seemed alive was tattooed on her face.

Mi Young...

"Why..." I stopped speaking when I felt blood start to flow outside of my wound.

"Don't say anything, or else you'll die, you see, your father wouldn't like it if you died soon. Fortunately, you have healing powers from your mother's clan."

Mi Young looked at me with happiness in her eyes, "I want you dead as soon as possible though, but your father promised me that he'll kill you once he acquired your power decay."

"D-Decay?"

"Should I tell you the details or not? I mean you don't need to since you're going to die anyway, but you look so pitiful right now."

Mi Young acted as if she was contemplating whether she'd tell me or not, I know that the Marquis' family had that kind of power, but Cressida had never used any power in the novel. I never knew I could use healing power until I gave birth to Derrick.

"Alright, I'll tell you, you probably did not read the author's blog didn't you?" Her smile looks so evil in my eyes.

"In the author's blog, he explained everything there, the Marquis failed to acquire the power that you possessed since he thought it only passed down to male heirs, he did not expect that you, women of your family are the true heirs of that power."

"He might be thinking that if he added your decaying powers to his, he'll be able to get the Empire, what a silly thing to do, but that works for me, he'll get rid of you and I'll have Regan all to myself."

She kept on talking about other things but I couldn't focus on what she was saying because of my wound, why am I not healing?

"Ah, you're bleeding too much, I guess I need to tell the Marquis that you'll die soon if he doesn't hurry up on writing that damn magic seal."

"W-Wait! My C-Children, are they fine?"

"Well, we couldn't touch Derrick due to that woman, so we took Calix under the Empress' order."

Mi Young gave me one last smirk before leaving the room that looked like an underground basement. I shivered when I felt that I lost a lot of blood already. I need to find Calix, no matter what...

"Dear Goddess... help me... At least protect my son Calix..."

I started to calm myself and even out my breathing, blood won't stop from coming out of my wound. I could feel myself fighting the urge to lose consciousness, until the door opened, revealing the Marquis.

"It's done..."

He said.

Dark circles can be seen under his eyes, and just like Mi Young, he also has a similar dark purple mark of a snake peeking out of his collar.

"He said that he needed your blood, fresh blood..."

The Marquis removed the cuffs and I instantly fell on the floor, writhing in pain.