XXII

I'm craving for Mrs

I'm craving for Mrs. Guila's salmon dish...

Well, it is true that I was still allergic to kinds of seafood, but Mrs. Guila's salmon dish was the only exception.

I really want to eat her salmon dish...

Sighing, I frowned and felt my world crumble. I'm losing my temper and I'm on the verge of crying for something stupid like this.

I hate this feeling... I really do!

To suppress the feeling, I bit my lips. The pain alleviates the annoying feelings I feel right now. It sounds like I'm a masochist but I'm not. This is the only method I know because I am not allowed to go out and visit Mrs. Guila back in the Vatican.

"Madam! you're biting your lips again! Geez!" Jennie showed up with a tray of breakfast. I look into it and saw that it is bread crumbs in mushroom soup.

"That again..." I muttered which made Jennie gasp.

"Madam, don't you know that we are preparing new dishes for you every month. You ate mushroom soup 2 months ago... "

She's right, the moment I got back here in the Duchy, I told them that I easily get tired of foods unless I crave them. So they made a food schedule for me for every month, and none should be repeated.

"We just served it for you today because you often get morning sickness."

I didn't have my morning sickness in the early stages of my pregnancy, but then when I reached my third trimester, morning sickness kicks in. It was hard for me because this is my first pregnancy and my child is very active inside me. It's as if he's fighting an unknown inside me.

He really takes after his father, tsk...

I didn't have any other choice but to eat it. After eating my breakfast, it is almost time for my walk. I waited for Regan to come so he could accompany me. Minutes later and he barged inside the room catching his breath. The loud noise made me startled, I also felt a kick inside my belly. I guess the child was startled as well.

"Can you refrain from barging inside? It startled me." I said, annoyed. Regan walked toward me and he gently held my hands.

"I'm sorry, I was running the moment I noticed that it was time for your walk." He continuously kissed the back of my hand.

"Well, if you say so."

Holding my hand, he helps me walk outside of the mansion and leads me to the garden. He ordered a maid to get a parasol so I wouldn't get hot under the sun.

"Are you hot? Should we head back in?"

I glared at him.

"We haven't even walked for 30 minutes. If you want to go inside, then go inside by yourself."

Turning my back, I continued to walk, leaving him behind. Though he quickly run to my side and sheltered me with the parasol in his hands. "I'm sorry, it's just..." he seemed like he was contemplating saying whatever it was to me...

"What."

He breathe in before looking into my eye "I was arranging your birthday party."

I blinked, birthday party?

"Don't tell me that you forgot?"

"Well, I did."

He was surprised by my response, why?

Suddenly memories flood my head, I saw a woman enjoying herself in the middle of the hall with men surrounding her while whispering sugar-coated words in her ears. It's none other than Cressida.

"Ah... As much as possible, I want to keep it simple and normal."

Regan nodded while staring intensely at me, "I see, perhaps two thousand noblemen would be enough to invite is it not?"

"What?"

"As expected, you normally invite 5 thousand noblemen to your birthday party, two thousand is not even a half of it, then 4 thousand it is."

"Wait a minute Your Grace, I hope to spend my birthday simple, normal, and quietly. I wish I would not see a single nobleman on that day." I was glaring at him the whole time I was speaking, noblemen on my birthday? As if!

I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"I see, then who do you like to invite to your birthday party?"

I looked at him, his eyes were sparkling and full of excitement. It's as if he's the one who will have his birthday party and receive some presents.

"Hmm, I suppose I only want to have Calix, Jennie, and some maid of the Duchy on that day."

He nodded while looking at me. I noticed that he was waiting on something??

"What?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Uh? You won't invite me?"

"I know that you will invite yourself in even if I don't invite you, Your Grace."

"Well yes, you're absolutely right. But really, I won't do anything that you don't like. So if you told me not to go, then I won't."

He gently smiled at me. Usually, he would have a smile that doesn't reach his eyes whenever I disagree with something he likes to do with me. But this time, he's sincere.

"Well, I'm sure Calix would be sad if you're not at my birthday party, so fine, you're invited."

He heaved a sigh of relief before closing the distance between us, and then he hugged me, careful not to put some force on my belly.

"I wonder when will this little one come out of his mommy?" He talked to my belly while caressing it gently.

I feel warm for some reason...

"Can I have a favor?"

"Of course!"

My smile reached my eyes the moment I heard him say the exact response that I expected.

"Then, can I have Mrs. Guila come?"

"Hmm sure, I'll try my best to have them on your special day."

My eyes drifted from the side and I saw Calix watching us from the corner. I smiled before extending my hand his way.

"My baby," I called him, he looks like he was hesitant but then he eventually came out of the corner and walked over to us.

I patted his hair, Regan smiled at Calix before lifting him so I could see him up close, it's very hard for me to bend down because of my pregnancy.

"I-I heard that mother and father were discussing mother's birthday party..." My lovely Calix started, I hummed in response and stared at him lovingly.

My son is really handsome.

"C-Can I invite a friend?"

I flinched.

Friend? As far as I know, Calix is homeschooled. How come he's got a friend?

"Of course Darling, but, can you tell us who is your friend?"

My lovely innocent son beamed at me before answering my question.

"Asrid!"

Oh...

It's just the Heroine...

What?!

May 27 2022
LizzannaWrites