XXVII

"C-Cali--"

"No! I don't wanna! I want to go too!"

No matter what we do, Calix doesn't want to let go of me. He's clinging to my waist and he doesn't want to let go.

"Once is enough mother, I don't want to be left alone again..."

I sighed and looked at Jennie, I nodded at her and it seems like she knows what to do.

"Let's go Young Master."

"No! I want to come! I want to come!"

Suddenly, Calix releases a red aura "Kyaa!" I saw that Jennie suddenly stepped back as if she were burnt, when I looked at her hand, it looks red.

"Calix!" It was Regan who yelled I saw how our son Calix flinched because of his voice. I walk to him and I slowly bend down at his level.

I got his attention and then his aura calmed down before it dissipated.

"Have you calmed down?" He nodded and looked down on the ground, there's sadness on his face as I look at it.

"I'm sorry if I didn't tell you that Mom had to go to the palace to greet the Empress."

"I-I want to come too, I'm sorry if I threw a fit and hurt your maid." He looked at Jennie before bowing his head.

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright Young Master, I'm not badly hurt." Jennie assured.

I sighed for the second time before caressing his face. "Go with Jennie and dress up, the three of us will go to the Palace." He brightly smiled at me before running towards the stairs while Jennie is following behind him.

I look behind and spotted Regan pinching the bridge of his nose. Now that I think about it. It's definitely dangerous if anyone finds out about Calix's power.

Bizeviron Duchy specializes in Divine power, but it doesn't mean that they can only wield divine power. Although it is such a rare case for an individual to have dual magic affinity, it is not entirely impossible for it to happen. Just like Regan, he can use his Divine power and his dark magic. Dark magic has long been banned and the Empire passed a decree that anyone who studies dark magic shall be decapitated and the head shall be displayed at the Empire's gates.

That only applies to those people who studies dark magic. But Regan, in his case he was born with it. That is why his power is catastrophic the same with Derrick.

Now the Imperial family holds the power of Flames. I don't know if Calix inherited the previous Empress' power which is the power of Water.

Also, only the four noble house of Dukes, the Imperial Family and the noble house of the Marquis were the only ones who has the ability to wield these powers.

My family doesn't have the ability to use any powers, that means that I am nothing but a normal person. But in the novel, not only he wanted me to keep an eye on the Duke, he also wanted me to give birth to his heir that might have inherited the Duke's enormous magical power.

The Duke's reason why he doesn't want to have an heir was because of his power as well. Although he have Divine power that can balance his dark magic, he's having a hard time controlling his dark magic for he never uses it.

Dark magic holds a catastrophic power that can ruin the whole Empire, that is why it's forbidden.

He fears that his heir might inherit both of his power, so he never like the thought of having his biological child with anyone. Though he married Czarina Burks in the novel, he didn't have any child with her but they loved each other dearly.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I gently held his arm. He looks at me before smiling.

"I'm alright, I'm just thinking about something."

"Hmm?"

"You know that my Aunt was the previous Empress' Lady in waiting right? It is not impossible for my Aunt to notice the similarities of the Empress to our son Calix. If that happens, she might take Calix with her in the Palace."

That is possible since Regan's Aunt was devoted to the previous Empress.

"What should we do?"

"I don't know, I should convince Her Majesty to leave Calix in our care since that is the most safest thing to do for Calix."

The Imperial Palace was full of knights and the most safest place in the Capital. But it doesn't mean that assassins couldn't break in that security... Calix's life might be in danger if the whole Empire gets to know about his true Identity. Now that the Dukedom of Astaseul was severing ties with the Imperial Family because of what happened to the previous Empress.

I turn my head towards the stairs when I noticed that Calix have already arrived.

"Father, I'm sorry..." He said the moment he's in front of us.

Regan bend down on one knee before caressing our son's head. "It's alright, it means that you're growing well that you have already knew how to unleash your power. But you have to bear in mind that you need to be careful..."

Calix nodded his head.

Calix held my left hand in his small hand before reaching for Regan's right hand with his other hand.

I smiled before we started to walk towards our carriage. Throughout the ride, Regan casted his spell on me so I will be comfortable whenever the carriage rattles. He was also caressing my waist which tickles me a little bit.

"Your Grace, we have arrived." The coachman loudly announced outside. I looked at Calix and he doesn't seem to be bothered at all.

"Lets go."

Regan helped me and he carried our son in his arms.

"Father, I can walk."

"Oh."

Regan let him down and Calix walks beside the escort that the Empress have sent to guide us to her.

Now we stood in front of a huge double doors. Behind this doors would be the Empress' parlor where she awaits us.

"Duke Regan Bizeviron and his wife Duchess Cressida Bizeviron has arrived Your Majesty." The escort announced from the outside of the room.

"Hurry and let them in." A sweet and light angelic voice said from the other side.

The doors opened and we walk further inside.

My eyes landed on the woman, sitting in the middle of the room. Honey colored hair and brown eyes.

This woman is Regan's Aunt, the current Empress of the Empire...

I was supposed to update on July 2, but I was so busy because it was my birthday, too tired.

unedited
July 4, 2022
LizzannaWrites