prologue

tw - yelling

aviva barlowe was a twitch streamer, who went by the name avivalowe on the platform. she was friends with people in the community, like valkyrae and jacksepticeye. but, she was closest with corpse husband.
aviva had around 2 million followers on twitch, and 45 thousand subscribers. she also had a youtube channel, where she posted gaming content, but also dance and personal content. she had been a dancer ever since she could remember, and although she wasn't as famous for dancing as she was for gaming she still loved doing it and still shared it online.

that night, aviva was going to be streaming among us with some of her friends, so she tweeted:

vivs ✔️ @avivalowe  •  3h
streaming among us at 4pm pst today with corpse husband, valkyrae, sykkuno, jacksepticeye, nd more :) come hang!
twitch.tv/avivalowe
5k replies | 4k retweets | 35k likes

aviva had been wearing a sweatshirt and some sweatpants, but she wanted to wear something a little nicer for the stream. she put on a red cropped tank top and some jeans. she then put on some makeup, did her hair, and started the stream.

"hi everyone!" aviva watched the chat as messages started coming in. she talked to her chat for about 10 minutes before joining a discord call with everyone.

3 games in, aviva was the imposter and she was in the final five with corpse, seán, rae, and brooke. corpse watched her kill toast, and thinking she was getting voted out she voted herself, but only corpse had voted for her.

"wait wait wait, aviva just voted for herself!" seán realized.

"oh my god, i thought everyone was voting for me!" aviva put her hand over her mouth and started laughing along with corpse.

corpse hit the emergency button, and seán said, "ok well i think we all know who to vote for..."

"wait who?" asked brooke.

"corpse! it's corpse," aviva said immediately.

"no no no," corpse said urgently.

"we're voting for the person who voted for herself!!" seán yelled. not hearing seán right and also not knowing who voted for themself, brooke and rae both voted for corpse, getting him ejected.

"wait SERIOUSLY?" corpse said in disbelief.

"i asked you who it was jack and you wouldn't say it!!" brooke yelled.

"aviva voted for herself and i said that out loud last round!" seán yelled back. aviva was laughing uncontrollably in disbelief at what just happened. suddenly she heard her door open, immediately muting herself and turning her facecam off.

"what is it?" aviva said, turning towards the door.

"what the hell are you wearing?" yelled aviva's boyfriend, blake.

"i just wanted to dress nice for my stream, what's the big deal?" aviva said, glancing over at her chat. they were confused at the sudden silence; this had never happened before. aviva hadn't worn anything that showed her shoulders on stream in years, because she knew that blake would get mad. she was really hoping it would be different today, because she really loved that top and wanted to show it off.

"you know how i feel about you dressing like this. do i have to remind you about last time?" blake slowly moved towards aviva.

"no."

"go put something else on, now."

"ok," aviva said quietly.

"fucking whore..." blake mumbled as he left the room.

aviva put on a sweater over the red top, pulling herself together and turning her mic and facecam back on.

"sorry about that guys!" her chat flooded with messages of relief, but also questions about what happened. "just a computer glitch, no big deal."

aviva unmuted her mic on discord, greeting everyone again. "you okay viva?" corpse asked.

"yup! just a glitch."