epilogue

1 year later...

today was the first day aviva would be using her new streaming room in the new house. once everything was set up, she started her stream.

"oh my god guys i'm so excited!" aviva said as she read the incoming chat messages. "do you guys like the set up in here? i am in LOVE with it."

the new streaming room was quite different from her old one. she had a few light up signs on the wall behind her, each of them a symbol from a different game, and she had shelves on either side of the signs with different objects on them like figures, plushes, and controllers. also, rather than having a couch directly behind her, she had a couch in the corner and a low table with all her games on it next to it.

"i don't know. i absolutely love it. i actually originally was gonna make it the same layout as the old room but i decided to change it up a bit."

a few minutes later, aviva joined a discord call with corpse, pokimane, jacksepticeye, and some others, including a new girl who she'd never played with before named mira, or mira-lira on twitch and other platforms.

"heyyy," said aviva.

"hi aviva!" "hey viva." "hey aviva."

"is mira in here yet?" asked aviva.

"yup," said an unfamiliar voice. aviva assumed it was her.

"hey mira! i'm aviva, it's nice to meet you!" aviva said.

"nice to meet you too," mira said, in quite a melancholy, non-friendly voice. aviva just brushed it off, she was probably having a bad day.

after everyone got into the call and they all got into an among us lobby, they started playing.

at the first meeting, corpse found the body so he was talking a lot. after the votes were revealed, mira randomly said, "i just wanted to say, corpse, i love your voice."

"oh, thanks," corpse said a little awkwardly.

"everyone does!" said seán. they all laughed.

after the stream, corpse and aviva had dinner.

"so what did you think of that mira girl?" aviva asked.

"i mean, she was a little weird, but i don't really wanna judge her when i just met her," said corpse, taking a bite of his food.

"yeah, i guess so," said aviva. "when do you feel like we should tell everyone we're dating? i know we're gonna tell some more of our friends soon, but when will we go public? i'm not trying to rush anything, i just feel like we should maybe come up with a plan or something."

"i don't know, i guess we should just do it when it feels right? we shouldn't wait too long in case they find out somehow, but i don't really want to yet."

"that sounds good. when it feels right." aviva smiled.

"i love you," corpse said.

"i love you too! i'm so happy we have this house now," aviva said, looking around.

"me too. i haven't lived in a house in what feels like a lifetime," said corpse.

"well, even if we had to live in the tiniest apartment, i'd still be happy because i'd get to be with you everyday." aviva grabbed corpse's hand and held it in her's. corpse smiled.

the two were happy together. they knew that they could handle whatever life had to throw at them, as long as they had each other they could get through it.

corpse had a lot to deal with in life, between his mental and physical illnesses. but, aviva made him experience such blind happiness that as long as she was there, he was the healthiest man alive.

and aviva had a lot of trauma from her past. she had horrible trust issues and pretty bad anxiety. but, she felt completely safe whenever corpse was around, and based on how much she trusted corpse you'd think that she was lying if she told you she had trust issues.

they were soulmates,

and they both knew it.