vii - ily

aviva had cuts and bruises all over her body.

but she wasn't dead.

this was the worst blake had ever done.

but she wasn't dead.

this would scar her for life.

but she wasn't dead.

violent blake did not mess around.

but she wasn't dead.

aviva had managed to push blake to the floor, which gave her just enough time to sprint into her streaming room and lock him out. she immediately texted corpse.

aviva: he caught me

aviva: i managed to get into my room but i can barely walk

aviva: getting in here used the only energy i had left

corpse: fuck

corpse: just got out of my appointment, i'm on my way

around 7 minutes later, she heard corpse climbing the ladder. she crawled over to the window and was able to reach up and unlock the window. she moved aside and corpse climbed in.

"oh my god viva." corpse helped aviva get up and get out the window. she managed to close the window behind her and climb down the ladder without falling, so corpse moved the ladder away from the window and helped her walk back to his car. the second they were both in the car, corpse drove away as fast as he could legally.

once they got back to his apartment, corpse helped aviva ice her bruises and bandage her cuts. after that, he had her lay in his bed so she could try to get some rest.

"thank you so much corpse."

"i'm so sorry viva. it's all my fault. i should've been with you...i told you i'd protect you and i didn't."

"corpse." aviva sat up, and corpse looked at her. "this is not your fault."

"but i-"

"corpse. you've put your life in danger for me so many times. you didn't hesitate to come help me when i needed it, even when you had just gotten out of a doctor's appointment. it is not your fault that the one time i was home alone blake tricked me. you mean so much to me corpse. and i-" aviva paused, not knowing if she should say what she wanted to say or not.

"i love you, corpse."

"i...i love you too, viva."

the next morning, aviva woke up to corpse sitting in a chair next to his bed, looking like he was contemplating something.

"thinkin' about something?" aviva asked, startling corpse slightly.

"oh, uhm, morning. i guess so. i'm just trying to figure out how i'm gonna get you home," corpse said.

"well, i managed to get a hold of blake's work schedule and his shift is all day today, so the house should be safe today," aviva said, reaching for her phone.

"oh good," corpse said.

aviva realized she should tell everyone why she didn't stream yesterday, so she tweeted:

aviva ✔️ @avivalowe  •  1h
hi everyone, sorry i didn't stream yesterday. my physical health hasn't been the greatest, so i'm gonna need to take a break. i should be back in a few days though :)
4k replies | 1.8k retweets | 21k likes

with corpse's help, aviva was able to get out of bed. she soon realized that she was able to walk on her own, probably because corpse gave her some advil last night. the two had breakfast, and were soon on their way back to aviva's house.

"ok, i'm staying with you until you're back to streaming," said corpse as he drove.

"you don't need to," aviva said. "i mean, it would be great if you did because i love hanging out with you and you make me feel safe, but you should live your own life."

"it'll only be a few days, viva," corpse chuckled. "whatever i can do at home i can do at your house."

"fine, but you're going back home the second i feel well enough to stream." aviva punched corpse's arm lightly.

"whatever." they both laughed.

corpse parked outside of aviva's house, and the two went to aviva's window. although they were positive blake wasn't there, they were just being careful.

once they got into the window, they put their stuff down in the room and left it cautiously. they concluded that blake was not there, and moved on.

the next few days went by pretty quickly, just a lot of laying low. 4 days after the two went back to aviva's house, aviva woke up with most of her bruises cleared up and most of her cuts healed. although corpse was still hesitant to leave her alone, he eventually left.

corpse and aviva had agreed they were gonna stream together that night, so a little later in the day aviva tweeted:

aviva ✔️ @avivalowe  •  2h
guess what? i'm back to streaming daily! today @Corpse_Husband nd i will be streaming at 7pm pst :3 come hang with us!
twitch.tv/avivalowe
6k replies | 4.5k retweets | 40k likes

aviva was excited to stream just her in corpse, because they hadn't in quite a few weeks.

little did she know, blake had other plans.