vi - caught

"and the food was the BEST," blake told aviva. she was driving him home from the airport.

"heh, i can imagine." aviva really had to be an actress if she wanted to pull this off. her palms were sweaty, and her voice was shaky. as soon as she got home, she had to get into her streaming room as fast as possible. if she didn't she would be in major trouble.

"why are you so sweaty?" asked blake. aviva's shoulders tensed.

"oh y'know, this outfit is kinda hot and i was just filming a dance video," aviva lied.

"oh, cool. did you bring my phone?" asked blake, looking under some objects to see if his phone was there.

"oh no, sorry. i guess i probably should have," aviva said, glancing over to make sure blake wasn't angry.

the second aviva walked inside the house, she went towards the direction of the stairs. "hey, don't you wanna hang out? we haven't seen each other in 2 months," said blake.

"oh, uhm, sure! let me just grab something from upstairs." aviva saw blake picking up his phone, so she ran up the stairs as fast as she possibly could and sprinted into her streaming room, locking every lock.

"AVIVA! oh, you little fucker! you are NOT getting away with this! " blake screamed.

aviva: just got into the streaming room, blake is probably gonna start banging on the door

corpse: just parked outside, going to the window now

corpse insisted that he come over when blake first got home, just in case he did break down aviva's door.

aviva heard someone climbing the ladder outside her window, so she went to it and opened it up.

"AVIVA BARLOWE YOU BETTER OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW! " blake banged on the door. corpse climbed into the room, then pushed the ladder away from the window and closed and locked the window behind him. aviva and corpse hugged before sitting down on the couch. "you're an idiot if you think i'm not getting in there! i'll find a way in that room if it's the last thing i do! " corpse put his arm around aviva and she put her head on his shoulder.

"i hate him," aviva whispered after she heard blake's footsteps going down the stairs. corpse ran his fingers through aviva's hair.

after about an hour of sitting in silence, aviva checked blake's location and saw that he had left to go on a hike on his usual route. "i think it's safe to leave the room now."

"you sure?" corpse asked.

"yeah." corpse and aviva left the room, corpse taking out his switchblade that he always had with him. he barely ever used it against people, but now was the perfect time to have it. they slowly walked down the stairs, looking around for any signs of movement. after around a minute of looking around, they decided blake must've been gone.

aviva found a random movie to put on while corpse got them some food. the whole time while they ate and watched the movie aviva was staring at blake's location. the second he started coming back, she insisted they went back into her streaming room.

corpse tried to cheer aviva up, but she couldn't get the thought out of her head that at any moment blake could bust her door down and try to hurt them. a few hours later aviva had to stream, so corpse had to be out of sight and he had to be as quiet as possible, just in case blake was watching.

after the stream ended, corpse and aviva ate dinner and got ready to go to bed. aviva had asked corpse if he'd stay overnight, and he gladly agreed. once they were settled on the couch, aviva whispered, "goodnight corpse."

"goodnight viva."

this was how all of aviva's days looked for weeks. being locked in her streaming room, sneaking to corpse's apartment, the occasional blake coming to her door banging on it and screaming at her. the only things keeping her sort of happy were corpse, dance, and her chat.

one day, blake had gone to a friend's house, so aviva was free to roam the house. she was alone, because corpse was at a doctor's appointment. she decided to cook herself a real meal, since she had mostly been having cold and room temperature leftovers and snacks for the past few weeks.

as she was eating, she heard what sounded like a car pulling into the driveway, so she checked blake's location and it still said he was at his friend's house. could it be corpse?  she thought. she had told him not to pull into the driveway in case blake ever saw him. maybe it was an emergency. she went into the kitchen and looked out the window, and she immediately felt chills down her spine.

blake's car was in the driveway.

"not so sneaky now, are you?"

this was it.

aviva was dead.

she pictured the layout of her house in her mind. if she could run through the door to the living room and just get up the stairs and into her streaming room fast enough, she'd be safe. it was her only option.

she ran for it. she ran with everything she had.

but she was too slow.

blake had grabbed her arm.

"please don't hurt me."

"we both know that's not gonna work, viva."

"don't you dare call me that."

"this is what you get. you know how i feel about you disobeying me."

"you don't own me, i'm an independent person. i'm allowed to do what i want."

"that's where you're wrong."

"you can never get away from me."