iii - miss YOU!

after the fight she had with blake, aviva decided she would need to distance herself from corpse. it was the last thing she wanted to do, but she would rather blake lash out on her than on corpse. he knew where corpse lived because of looking at aviva's location when she went to his apartment.

corpse was her best friend and she knew he felt the same, so it was gonna be extremely hard. but, she had an idea. she would switch sykkuno and corpse's names in her phone so it looked like she was texting with sykkuno a lot rather than corpse. the only other issue would be that she couldn't hang out with corpse in person, call him, or stream with him unless it was with other people. this would also be difficult, but it was just how it had to be.

sykkuno: morning :)

sykkuno: are u feeling better?

aviva: yep! thanks :)

sykkuno: we gotta stream together soon to make up for that lol

aviva: heh yeah

aviva already knew how hard this would be.

she was a little scared to go downstairs, because she hadn't talked to blake since the last night. she had to sleep in her streaming room on her couch. but, she pulled herself together and went downstairs. when she got downstairs, she saw blake sitting on the couch looking at his phone. he looked up from his phone at aviva, then looked back at his phone. aviva quickly went into the kitchen to get herself breakfast.

a little later in the day, she got a text from corpse:

sykkuno: hey, u free today?

aviva: no sorry :( have a lot of videos to film

there were very few things aviva hated more in the world than lying, especially to corpse. there were very few times that aviva had to do it, but she realized it might just become a more regular occurance.

sykkuno: it's ok!

just so she wasn't fully lying to corpse, she did film some dance videos. she filmed videos dancing to come out and play by billie eilish, 7 rings by ariana grande, and earfquake by tyler, the creator.

when she was editing the videos she heard her door open, so she took off her headphones and turned towards the door.

"you wanna play some mario party?" asked blake.

"oh, sure." aviva didn't want to make blake mad, so she saved her progress and went to go play.

one mario party game later...

"oh come on!" blake yelled. aviva had just barely won the game. "that's not fair!"

"hey, nintendo doesn't lie," aviva laughed.

"well they do now because there's NO WAY i didn't win that."

"you're just salty," aviva crossed her arms jokingly. both of them laughed, blake shutting off the game and putting on a random talk show. they had dinner and actually had a nice night. aviva left her phone in her streaming room when she went to play mario party with blake, so she hadn't looked at her phone in a few hours. when she went back to her room and picked it up, she had quite a few texts from corpse.

sykkuno: ugh i feel like fucking shit

sykkuno: why does life have to be so hard

sykkuno: its like i'll have one really good day and then the next day everything just goes downhill and my life is shit again

sykkuno: im so tired of it

sykkuno: im sorry for throwing all of this on u

sykkuno: fuck

sykkuno: im so sorry, im doing it again

sykkuno: i just feel like ur the only person i can talk to

"shit." this had happened before. aviva didn't have her phone with her so she didn't see corpse's texts, and then he thought he did something wrong.

aviva: no no no its ok!! im so sorry

aviva: i didn't have my phone with me, i didn't see ur texts

aviva: ur not throwing anything on me, its ok to talk about ur problems

aviva: i love that about our friendship, we can just talk to each other about how we're feeling without judgement

corpse: thank u viva

aviva: :)

aviva had decided to switch corpse and sykkuno's names back. it was getting too weird and confusing.

about a month passed, and corpse's messages asking if aviva was free became more sparse. they did a couple streams together with some others, but other than that, let's just say aviva was doing a good job keeping her distance.

corpse: viva

aviva: corpse

corpse: clearly since asking u on random days if ur free isn't working, what days are u free?

aviva: idk really, if i knew i'd tell u

corpse: well i'm excited to see whatever it is ur working on, cause it seems to be taking up ur every waking hour lmao

aviva: lol

corpse: alright aviva cut the bullshit

aviva: huh?

corpse: if u don't tell me what's wrong rn istg-

aviva: excuse me sir i don't think i've heard or seen you call me aviva in years

corpse: yeah, this is serious

corpse: i just KNOW something's wrong

corpse: can i call you?

aviva went downstairs and looked for blake. she then remembered that blake said he was going hiking, and blake's hikes took at least 2 hours.

calling corpse husband...

"ok seriously viva, what's been up with you lately?" corpse asked, sounding a little frustrated.

"i don't know why you think something's been up me," aviva said defensively, still not sure if she should tell corpse.

"i'm sorry i just," corpse paused. "you've just been really distant lately and i don't know why. we used to stream together like, every other day, and we haven't streamed just the 2 of us in weeks. we used to hang out a bunch and text all the time and all of a sudden i'm the only one initiating conversations and most of them end up being really short. i get that you're busy, but you won't even tell me what you're busy doing. i think this is the first time you've ever been working on something and you haven't told me anything about it."

"corpse, i-"

"i'm sorry viva. i just, i miss you. so fucking much." corpse sounded like he was starting to cry. "like i said the other day, i feel like you're the only person i can talk to. you're the closest friend i've ever had. and i just need to know, is it me? is it something i did?"

this broke aviva.

"i'm so sorry corpse. i never wanted to distance myself from you. this project i've been working on, its not real. i made it up. i've been lying to you, and its eating me up inside. a month ago blake and i had a huge fight because i was an idiot and i thought he might think nothing of the video we made, and the second he saw it he was furious. he threatened me and told me to never hang out with you behind his back again. i'm so sorry corpse. i've missed you too. but i had to do this, because if i didn't," aviva took a moment to gather herself. "i am not gonna let you get hurt because of me."

"viva, can you please just come here?"

"yes."