Feeble

"We fixed the bleed, but we still don't know if she'll wake up." The neurosurgeon that operated said

"What happens now?" Derek's mom asked

"We wait the number of requisite hours and see if she wakes up." Owen said

"What if she doesn't?"

"Then we declare her dead." Owen said quietly with his voice shaking.

"We're back to square one" Amelia scoffed

"But that's not gonna happen." Bailey said

"You don't know that." Derek said

"Yes I do, Meredith is strong. She's a fighter, she will get through this."

Maggie started crying so she walked out of the room. Amelia saw and followed her into an empty hallway.

"Maggie, it's ok." she said as she hugged her

"I feel so useless, not being able to help her and just watching her die."

"I know, she'll be fine. She'll make it through this." Amelia's voice didn't sound like she believed what she was saying, she was only saying it to comfort Maggie."

"She's our sister, and she's dying but we can't help."

"She's more of a sister to me than my real sisters." Amelia said with a chuckle

In Meredith's room everyone was tense, worried, and grieving. Richard was checking her vitals and updating everyone, Bailey was crying and worrying her head off, Maggie and Amelia were sharing old memories and crying, and Derek was silent.

He hadn't cried since his mom came, and his face was emotionless. Derek's mom was calling his sisters and updating them, she was worried about Derek. She knew how she felt when his dad died and couldn't imagine what he felt now.

Meredith wasn't showing any signs of waking up, she hadn't changed at all since she came out of surgery. Derek never let go of her hand, he would stare at the wall and then stare at her and move her hair.

Everyone was watching the clock and watching Meredith. Several of nurses, residents, and interns were all camping out on the second floor waiting for Meredith to wake up. Owen had called Cristina the day after the accident. Cristina was positive that Meredith would wake up so she didn't come. She only asked for hourly updates, Owen wanted her to be able to see Meredith in case she didn't wake up.

"How is she?" Cristina asked the second she answered the phone

"I think you should come, come say goodbye before it's too late."

"She's Meredith Grey, she'll be fine."

"Cristina" Owen stayed quiet after he said this and Cristina knew what it meant

"It doesn't look good, nothing has changed and her time is running out. Come say goodbye"

Cristina hung up, she had been so hopeful because she was drunk. She always had a bottle in her hand and felt like it gave her hope. She knew what Owen meant so she booked a flight to Seattle. She had already booked the flight once she heard and she was waiting for this moment to take the flight.

The room was silent, all you could hear was the ventilator and monitors, and the clock ticking. Zola and Bailey had no clue what was happening, they were in daycare and nobody was going to tell them their mom is about to die.

Derek sat tired and exhausted by Meredith, he hadn't eaten, hadn't slept, and he never left Meredith's side. He had been staring at her for the longest time, just hoping that she would feel him staring and open her eyes.