Revelations

If it was a normal abdominal bleed there would have been no need to worry, but Meredith had already had three surgeries in 12 hours and everyone was worried it might have been too much on her body.

She looked weak and dead, Derek felt his heart shatter every time he looked at her. He had never seen her this bad. When she drowned he was outside and barely saw anything, and she didn't have cuts or bruises all over her.

Meredith slowly started waking up, she wasn't intubated so she was breathing on her own. She looked around the room and saw Alex and Cristina on one couch and Derek on the other.

"Hi" she whispered

"Hey" Derek responded as he sat up to kiss her.

"You had us all worried there." Cristina said

Meredith chuckled and looked back over at Derek.

"How are you feeling?" he asked

"Okay, i'm not perfect but i'm okay."

Derek kissed her forehead and she smiled back at him.

"Try not to die again please." Derek said with a smile on his face as well

"I'll try, death and I are close friends."

Derek laughed and shook his head

"How are the kids?"

"They're fine, Amelia was watching them earlier. They all want to see you."

"Not yet, i'm tired."

Derek nodded then got up, he saw that Cristina looked like she wanted to talk to Meredith.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat i'll be back."

Cristina moved to the couch where Derek was.

"What happened? What do you remember?"

"I was driving to work, my pager went off and I tried to find it and then a car hit me. I remember seeing glass fly everywhere and the car flipping and then I was here."

"You don't remember when they found you or when you woke up the first time and didn't recognize Derek?"

"I- What?" Meredith looked extremely confused

"Cristina, she just woke up. Calm down." Alex said

"Wait, I couldn't remember Derek?"

Cristina and Alex looked at each other then Cristina explained what happened.

"Do you think it was Alzheimer's?"

"No, probably not, maybe." Cristina sounded unsure when she said this and it worried Meredith

Before they could both say anything Derek walked back in. Cristina got up and left and Alex followed.

"I'm back." Derek said as he stroked Merediths hair

"Derek."

"What's wrong?"

"Do I have Alzheimer's?"

"What? No, of course not."

"Cristina told me that I couldn't recognize you."

Derek had thought it was nothing at the time but he hadn't thought of Alzheimer's when it happened.

"You had just woken up, you were a little groggy. It happens, you're okay."

"I know, i'm just trying to avoid it."

Derek kissed Meredith again and grabbed her hand. Bailey walked in and saw that Meredith was awake.

"How you doing Grey?"