Thirty-Six

"Throw acid on his face, he will wake up." Ryan looks at me as though I am crazy. "Did I stutter?" They look scared but they do it, I should have taken the Top ten with me.

"You okay?"

"No, Glad you can join us Dimitri, stop screaming, we get it, you have acid eating at your flesh, stop being dramatic." His screams are getting annoying. "Turgenev, I will cut your tongue out, if you keep screaming."

"May, calm down, we need you to have a clear head so we can save your bestfriend and your daughter." That brings me back to earth.

"How long is the helicopter ladder?"

"200 km."

"Okay, that should work." The person in the helicopter will throw acid on the roof and wait for it to work, it will take about five minutes to eat the first part, after that, phase two will begin.

My fingers are crossed that my math was correct because if I am off, I am endangering the lives of those I love.

(A/N: Rape reference)

"I feel like you are bluffing but I will not play with the lives of those I love, I am not you Dimitri, I never will be, they may not remember what happened that night but I do, every excruciating detail of that night, I remember it all. How you forced your way on my body and acted like it was yours? Remember? I don't want to dead because you want me dead, I want you dead because you stole something precious from me."

"You deserved it, you stole my throne."

"You always thought the throne belonged to you but it never did, even before my father ascended it, he knew it would go to me, even Dahya knew. It was never yours."

"You are lying!"

"Am I?" I smile. "Or were you not as important as your title suggested? Dahya has always been my father's right hand, she just never had the title. You were there for show." Always fetch a man's ego, it wounds them more than physical pain, my dad taught me that.

"You lying b!tch!"

"Am I lying or is the truth pissing you off? Dimitri, I may not be fully Russian but I am more of a leader than you will ever be. My gender does not limit me, in fact it fuels me." My hands find their way to his throat and I want to squeeze the life out of him but no, that is not the way.

"You are weak!" I kick his face

"Do you know how to shut up?" He laughs, this man laughs.

"If I wanted to, I could have killed you little girl, skinned her alive while your friend watches."

"And I would have killed anyone you regard as family and made you watch as I chop them up alive, thank the heavens that you did not mess with my daughter like that."

"She could die, how will you explain that to her father?"

"You-" a kick to the face, a few punches and my patience for this lunatic is running out. "-Ryan, where is the helicopter?"

"About to drop phase two."

"Okay." Soon, I will have my baby girl in my arms and Dimitri gone, forever this time.

"Uhm, May, you might want to see this." I walk outside the van and I notice that they are pouring the acid, too quickly.

"Call them and tell them to calm down." He calls but they are not responding.

"Hand me your phone,-" I call them and this time they do answer "-gently, this is my daughter and best friend's lives we are risking."

"Yes, Ms Zaitzev." He pours out the substance slower so I hand Ryan his phone back.