Seven

"What are you doing here?" I say not believing my eyes.

"I came to have coffee and cake." He rolls his eyes.

"Type?" I want to be anywhere but here right now. I hate looking at his face and remembering how he used to look at me, how we used to share so much and how we have been in each other's lives for a year and three months.

"Black coffee with a chocolate slice." Annoyance coming from his face, he used to hate chocolate until we started dating and all I ever wanted was chocolate and he said that I made him like it because my mouth always tasted like chocolate.

"Coming up in a few, you can go sit."
Why universe! Did you have to do that? Of all people, Ash!

I get his things ready and I make my way to his table, calming my nerves the entire way there.

"Here you go. A black coffee and a chocolate cake slice." I wait for a thank you that never comes, I guess. I turn to leave only to find delight in my sight.

I spot Josh at the counter. I make my way there a little but faster than when I went to Ash.

"Welcome to Black Beans how can I help you?" I say with enthusiasm

"Can I get two slices of cake, a bran muffin, two cupcakes, a mango smoothie and whatever you want." His smile has my knees weak and my mind melting, don't forget his voice!

"Flavours?" He is having quite a lot.

"Your favourite." I blush as I pick my favourite flavour, CHOCOLATE!

"To go or are you sitting down?" Crossing my fingers and hoping

"I am hoping to sit down with you." Yes! The universe is merciful.

"My break is in twenty minutes." I suggest.

"Bring my order when you on your break." He says looking at me in my uniform. I laugh because it is quite the uniform. I tied the shirt at the back. It is a cute black golf shirt.

"Okay. You can sit in the booth." He walks past Ash and makes his way to the booth. I wait for Ash to leave before taking my break. I don't want anyone from school besides Dylan knowing about Josh even though that won't last long.

"Here is your order." He only had the smoothie and muffin, the rest was for me, he is so sweet sometimes.

"You have worked your way into my heart. How did you know the way to my heart is food?" I ask as a joke but it truly is the way to my heart, food and attention are the ways to my heart.

"The way to a good woman's heart is food and chocolate." I look at him and all I want to do is kiss him, screw him and his kissable lips.

"You can fill my stomach with food everyday. I will love you forever." True story.

"I will come here everyday then." I love the idea but I know the reality of it is far from the truth. His line of work is not one where we can live as free as we want to. It's dangerous, very.

"You really want my love. You are becoming desperate." I say without thinking.

"Am I?" Of course not, I'm the desperate one here.

"No, I'm just kidding. You know I should get back to work and so should you." I say standing up and grabbing the plates and cups.

"I want to ask you something first, would you be willing to learn how to fight?" He says and I look at him.

"I know how to fight but I am always willing to learn new things hopefully you can teach me something I don't know." He was not aware about that I can see the shock in his eyes.