Twenty-Five

"Why the Colosseum?" Josh wants to go see the Colosseum and I want to go and see the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

"Great history, but we can go to the tower of Pisa and after we can go to The Colosseum." It is eleven am, Josh and I still have to go and have brunch with everyone else.

"Okay, I can do that. You still have to take me to Milan."

"Afterwards then." He has been smiling so often while we have been in Italy.

"Let's go especially since I look like a billionaire."

"You will be." He holds my hand and we make our way to our friends. He pulls the chair out for me.

"Hey, guys." I greet everyone, collectively.

"So where to today?"

"The Leaning Tower of Pisa, The Colosseum and then we will be having dinner together." We have three more nights in Italy and I am trying to make it special for everyone.

"I have always wanted to go to The Leaning Tower of Pisa, do you think there will be tons of people?" Dylan wonders.

"I think so..." my phone rings. "Hello?"

"May, uhmm, I need a favour, can your mom babysit Amari again?"

"Lani, I think so, I will call her and tell her to come fetch Amari." Josh looks at me, I know he heard me call Lani's name.

"Thank you." She does not sound well but thankfully I am able to help her.

"You are welcome. I will call you when I get back." We say our goodbyes and hang up.

"Since when did you guys become friends?" Josh questions

"Since I was babysitting her daughter and she kept asking for me." There is a pang of guilt and hurt in his face but he asked.

"I need some air." He stands up and leaves the room.

"And then?" Kate asks

"He will get over it." I say taking a sip of wine.

"You sure?" Dylan asks

"He better, I am not going to have all my actions criticized because he does not like it. I am doing this for him and he better understand that."

"Okay."

We are at The Leaning Tower of Pisa and he is not here.
I am trying to enjoy the sight as best as I can but the beauty of the world is invisible without him and I know that now.

"Josh?" I called him, not to apologize but to tell him to get his behind here.

"May."

"Where are you?"

"A bar." I mouth to Noah that he is at a bar.

"Why?"

"I am thinking about my priorities right now." Noah got his location.

"And?"

"You know, I love my daughter." I think everyone knows

"Yeah. Why?"

"Just wanted you to know."

"I'm on my way."

"Sure." He hangs up.

"Can we get there quicker?"

"Sure, I mean it's not like he is that far." Noah retorts.

I walk into the club and I can not see Josh.