Thirty-Eight

"I love working but not with idiots." Ryan and I have fully transitioned from my Dad's way of things to our way. Our offices were renovated, Aunt Dahya is around to help where we need it.

"Me neither." My father's defence was weak and we need to fix it because I have a bigger target on my back but we all know how Nate is, he gave me two guards. They are outside because I do not want them anywhere near our plans.

"Uhm, how long is this going to take?"

"A few more hours." Shit

"Let me call Nate to reschedule."

"Reschedule what?"

"We had a date and it is in two hours."

"Go, I will do this."

"No, I am doing this with you." I take my phone and I call my baby daddy.

"Alyone?" He is in a meeting.

"Can I reschedule tonight?"

"May I ask why?"

"Business came up."

"Meet me after that then."

"Mine or yours?"

"Mine."

"See you then."

"Bye."

"I love you." I can see him smirking but he can't say it back and I understand.

"Okay let's finish up."

"Okay, I am still figuring out how the hell there is no security here."

.
. .
  . .
    . .

"How was work?"

"Long and it is really hard trying to hid a pregnancy in a pant suit." I wrap my legs around him.

"So you want food and a movie?"

"Definitely, I like this date better than going to a restaurant."

"I missed you."

"I missed you." He kisses my neck.

"Do you want a massage?" I put my feet on his lap and he massages them for me.

Sometimes I forget that this is our first pregnancy. Amari and I frequently come and sleepover. It's fun, to have my entire family under one roof and it is just us.

"When are you coming with Amari?"

"Tomorrow and we will leave Monday morning so she can go to school and you can pick her up after school and bring her to my place."

"Main house or your house?"

"My house. Next week, I am focusing on business while Ryan does the illegal stuff. I never got the whole do everything at once, it's not effective."

"So you think we should let our S.i.C's handle the illegal part while we handle business?"

"Well yeah, I know everyone will say that I am afraid to fail but it is more effective. Just give me three months and I promise, we will have way more than our projected statement of comprehensive income says."

"I believe in you, just don't work yourself into a coma."

"I won't." His eyes, I miss looking into those. I miss being in his presence.

"I think it is about time I tell you the truth."

"I am listening." I move closer to him, sitting on his lap