Twenty-Six

"Our return flight is set for two hours from now. I asked Rayn to help you pack and remember we are all here for you, let him in, I am a phone call away." I hug him and plant a kiss on his forehead.

"Thank you." He said, faintly but louder than he has been for the past hour.

"Of course, that is what friends are for." I smile.

"You didn't have to cut your holiday short."

"Of course, I had to. You think I was going to enjoy Italy without you? We will come back one day. We made wishes by the fountain so we will come back."

.

"He is so broken, I don't know how to help him and it breaks my heart." I realised that I actually had so much to pack.

"Be there, you being there means so much to him."

"I understand that but when he cries I wish I could take that pain away. I hate seeing the people I love hurt."

"Unfortunately, we are going to deal with a lot of those in life." He is done and working on something, I do not know what. He said to not get mixed up in his line of work, he says so frequently, like a song.

"I hate it. Life is dumb. Did you organize your plane ticket?" He said that he will leave the day after we arrive back home.

"I'm going with my uncle's jet, wish you could meet him but he is busy in Russia."

"I will meet him one day. You better call me everyday."

"I will call you every night."

"My night or your night?"

"Your night." I continue to pack and make sure I packed everything and we wait for everyone in the lobby of the hotel.

.
  .      .
      .    

"Do you want me to fetch her or will you drop her off?" Lani is going away for a week with her friends and she needs someone to look after Amari.

"Please come fetch her, I will leave her with the housekeeper until you get here."

"I will come and fetch her, enjoy your vacation. I will call you everyday to talk to Amari."

"Okay, just tell me what time so that I can be available." She hangs up, I want to go with Josh but he has been working since we got back.

"I am going to fetch Amari, do you want to come with?" I do not want my hopes too high as he has been working since he woke up.

"Uhm. Let me finish this email, then we can go."

"Better do it faster, Lani is leaving her with the housekeeper and I want to get to her now, so hurry up."

"Okay. Let me just finish this one email."

"Hurry up." I wait for him, playing with the hem of my shirt.

Five minutes later he stands up "I am done, let's go." He grabs the keys to the Jeep.

"Are you going to stay here while I am away?"

"Not the entire time, just until my place is done. I am going to be alone most of the time, I don't want to be alone in massive house."

"I understand but you know that this house is always open for you, I just want to make sure that you will be okay. I did tell you about the security detail?"

"Yes you did. Now stop worrying, we will do that tomorrow, now let's go fetch Amari and go to the movies and dinner?"

"Are you asking me or telling me?" I look at him.