8| I₦₮ɆⱤVłɆ₩

❣︎ ❣︎ ❣︎

Tuesday at Noon

Tuesday at Noon

❣︎ Yora ❣︎

Last night, I got the call that I'd been expecting. I was scheduled for Tuesday at one in the afternoon.

"Damn, Rae! You're hurtin' me!" I complained at she burned me with the straightening iron for the fifth time.

"Please, it's not even that hot. I'm almost done anyway." She responded.

I huffed and sat quietly as she continued to flatten my curls. After about five more minutes, she set the iron down on my vanity and brushed my hair that hung way below my shoulders.

"Perfect." She said proudly.

I stood up to look at myself in the mirror. She's forced me into a white button up and pencil skirt that she knew was not my style.

I knew I had to listen to her. I needed the job, and she knew how to make me look professional.

She glanced at her watch. "You can admire how good I made you look after the interview. Right now, we gotta get going." She said.

~

"Is this the right place?" I asked as she halted the car to an abrupt stop.

"Well, considering the fact that it says 'Jackson Realty' in big bright letter at the top, I think we are." She said.

I glanced at her, displaying how nervous I was to her with a single look.

She titled her head at me. "Don't be nervous. It's just another interview, and you're probably just another applicant to him."

"Yeah. The applicant he slept with over the weekend." I said, rolling my eyes.

She couldn't hold back her laugh. "I don't know what to tell you, girl. You're in quite the predicament, but I think you'll be alright."

I sighed as I grabbed onto the door handle. "I hope I am." I said. "Come back in an hour or so. It shouldn't be long."

She smirked. "Well, if y'all need some more time because y'all got busy during the interview, let me know."

"Rae!"

"Calm down! I'm joking!" She said in the middle of her laughing fit.

I scoffed. "Bye, T." I said as I got out and closed the door. I started walking toward the large building. It was just as tall as the hotel. Seventy or more floors.