15| Sł₦₭ł₦₲

❣︎ ❣︎ ❣︎Friday Evening

❣︎ ❣︎ ❣︎
Friday Evening

❣︎ Yora ❣︎

I waited outside of the Jackson Realty building waiting for Ta'rae to come pick me up. After the incident on the bus, I was getting rides from her again until I got my license.

Her car slowly pulled up to the curb and sluggishly rolled to a stop. I could see the worry on her face through the rolled down windows of the car.

She unlocked the car doors to let me inside. "What's wrong?" I asked the second I sat in the passenger seat.

She sighed. "You didn't hear?"

My heart sank. "Hear about what?"

"Gran is apparently having complications."

I had to pause for a second. Panic was the only thing I felt, and I needed to compose myself to even speak.

"Can you explain?" I asked.

"That's all I know." She said.

"When did this happen? She was fine a day ago!"

She exhaled as she pulled away from the building and back onto the road. I waited for her to give some kind of answer to my question, even though I knew she had the same questions as I did.

We didn't say a word the whole time to the hospital. Neither one of us knew the extent of the situation but that didn't stop us from being terrified.

She didn't even turn the car off when we pulled into the hospital parking lot.

"What's wrong with Delores Monroe?" Ta'rae asked the second she came up to the front desk.

The lady's face fell. She didn't even have to say anything for us to know that this was worse than we thought.

"You girls should wait here for the doctor." She said. She stood up from the desk and started down the hallway.

"What?" I called after her. "You can't just leave us here to wait!"

I went to chase after her, but Ta'rae grabbed ahold of me so I couldn't walk any further.

"Don't, Yora." She said.

I sighed and yanked my wrist out of her grasp. I felt like I was sinking into the floor with every passing moment.