1933. PART ONE

Y/N backstory: The beginning. This chapter mainly hints at a few characters that would be important in the future. Since I'm doing a time jumping style of story-telling, I'll make a relationship graph/note in my other book which is called "Ideas." 

L/N Estate, 1933

                    "Look at our girl," Madame Violetta L/N admired her daughter from above the grand stairs. Y/N was just inspecting her carriages of designer made shoes. Lights reflected everywhere as the redwood door opened to reveal the sparkling rows of shoes ranging from ballet flats to small heels in various colours, textiles and jewelled with large Swarovski stones. "I can't believe she's already six."

"You're right, it's time to decide her education, I'd say Beauxbatons should our daughter of her elegance attend," Mr. Cedric L/N stated.

"That's not what I mean," laughed Violetta as she playfully slapped her husband's forearm. "Hogwarts, like us and our father's before."

"Darling, we all know that place is no longer the school we once loved since the retirement of Black. Nowadays, they'd let anyone in as if...as if they're, desperate for money!"

"Cedric! How dare you speak foully on the school that once educated us." Violetta's voice was harsh yet compressed down so the conversation stays private. She stared deeply into Cedric's golden brown eyes with utter disbelief. 

"Madame, the tea is ready," the maid quietly said before bowing and leaving.

"Now calm, we'll speak of this further with your father," Cedric spoke softly. "Y/N my dear! Tea's ready." Y/N curtsied at the Cordwainer before elegantly walking back up the grand stairs to the mansion as her silver locks swayed gently behind her back.

Night came and the maids gently knocked on Y/N's grand bedroom door, carefully carrying Y/N's nightgown for the débutante of an Avery girl. Standing in front of the mirrors was Y/N in her blue silk gown. For accessories, she wore a thin silver chained chocker, with a dark droplet of sapphire hanging in-between Y/N's collar bone. 

Butterflies began to wrestle each other inside her stomach as she walked down the long marble halls. This is her first formal ball and she's been dreaming about this since she could remember. The heels clicked in unison as the maids adjusted their speeds to match the little Y/N's step before stopping in front of the stairs. She waited as the maids lifted up her skirt train as they all walked towards the navy Rolls-Royce Phantom II where she joins her parents.

"Don't you look amazing," her father sang before waving for the driver to head for the Avery Mansion.

"It is the dress you choose after all," she replied which lets Cedric laugh. He then turns to place the velvet box that was previously sitting on the couch in front of them onto Y/N's lap, gesturing for her to open it. The box opened to display a string of diamonds tied together to make a ribbon.

"Supposedly, this is the most popular piece of jewellery amongst the young ladies." Y/N smiled brightly at her father as her little fingers traced the diamond band, feeling each individual diamond as it bumps her fingertip.

"Cedric, that was last winter," Violetta started, glancing at the bracelet briefly only to stare disappointedly at her husband, leaving an embarrassed Cedric lost for words.

"I don't care for trends, I think it's an elegant piece of jewellery. Nonetheless, my father gifted it to me. I love it!" Y/N's blue beaming eyes glanced up at her father again as he smiled down at her. The words softened Cedric as he looked at up ahead towards the road and placed his hands onto Y/N hands, thinking about those damned, soft blue eyes. His daughter who resembles so much of her mother...but too much resemblance for his liking.