ACQUAINTANCE? FRIEND.

Wool's orphanage 1934 Y/n

         Y/n was shocked as to what has happened. She was confused as she just Jinxed Isabella to bite her tongue for such a foul mouth. She didn't mean for her to die.

 It's the end; she knew it. 

Everyone could tell she killed the girl for her look at the tables; however, no one seemed to question her. She decided to head to her special place. 

Wired nets fenced Wool's Orphanage's backyard; however, there was a hole already damaged by animals behind the bush. It was easy for Y/n to crawl through for her size.

Behind Wool's Orphanage was the grassy fields that lead up to the roaring sea. Y/n stepped into the fields and pushed her way through the light green grass, which was nearly her height. After a while, she reached the other side of the field, the edge of the grass cliff that overlooks the ocean, and on the short patches of grass laid a stolen blanket that is now a picnic towel.

Y/n removed the small boulder covering a small hole and took out a small bag of floral tea that she made from wildflowers, a stolen teapot, and two teacups. One for her, of course, and the other for the silent follower behind. Y/n gently smirked back at the grass field before sitting down to face the ocean, listening to the waves as it crashes onto the rocks.

Tom saw the second cup and took it as an invitation as he quietly walked over and sat on the other side of the blanket. Since Tom had accepted the invitation, she started pouring tea into the cups. Tom watched in awe as hot tea poured out of the teapot.

He can't help but wonder how did she find the hole in the net while he, who grew up here, never knew? How did she get hot water? Mrs. Cole would never give them hot water for regulation's sake.

Tom reached into his pocket and pulled out two biscuits to place them next to the teacups. Those were his offerings, to which Y/n smiled.

"How did you know that I was here?" He blurted out. 

"I heard you," Y/n said softly as she held the teacup to her lips, letting the hot steam warm the tip of her nose. "Why did you follow me?"

"I—" Tom Riddle was puzzled for a second, "I wanted to know more about you." The words blurted out of Tom, and it shocked him at first as he turned to the side to hide his expressions. Y/n giggled at his reaction as he continued. "I'm here to offer a deal," he said, more composed this time.

"Deal?"

"Yes, I'd like to offer companionship in exchange for yours," to which Y/n blurted out, laughing, nearly spilling her tea. "Are you mocking me?" Tom was somewhat offended as one of his eyebrows shot up.

"No, no, just the way you said it," Y/n said as she wiped away a tear. "So, you want to be friends?" But Tom didn't really mean friends, but if it gets his part of the deal, sure, friends. He never had any before.

"Yes, friends."

"But I don't know you. We can't be friends yet." Tom thought about it for a minute.

"What's your name?" He asked. Y/n's eyes went blank for a moment.

I'm here to lay low until I find a way to get in contact with my grandpa, she thought to herself.

I can be whoever I want. The idea of making up the craziest shit and having people believe her sounded fun. She's leaving this hell hole anyways; that was a certain.

"My name is Athanasia," Y/n smiled as she decided not to lie but to manipulate facts to have fun, so Athanasia isn't completely made up. Those born of Celestial Sirens are gifted a name from the River Gods who could see glimpses of the newborn's future, thus, Athanasia, the undying. Of course, the River Gods would not tell of the futures they saw as they made deals with Fate not to interfere.

"Great, now we're acquaintances," Tom smiled, and Y/n looked up at the boy properly for the first time, really looked at him. The boy was always frowning, leaving frown marks between his cheeks, but when he smiled, the marks fade away, and his dimples would appear. Two on each side and one small dimple just after the corner of his lips, leaving the boy as charismatic as ever. "How did you get the tea set?"

"I borrowed it," Y/n soft voice sang with emphasis on 'borrowed' which had Tom giggling.

"I like to borrow things too," Tom said as he finished his cup of tea. He paused for a short while before saying, "will you help me do it?"

"Of course I would," she spoke genuinely as she filled his cup up with more tea. "Will you help me with my...interests?" Now Tom understood how friendship works, however, in his twisted way.

"With pleasure."

"You know what, Tom? I'd say we're friends now." She looked up at the already beaming boy. To find someone to trust at this cold orphanage, they're both beaming...and for the first time ever, Tom felt warmth as his face pinked and his cheeks went sore from smiling too hard.