SAFETY

Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.

A/N: not too much of a fan of this chapter because it doesn't reflect Y/n's character so I might come back and edit this in the future. I'm keeping this chapter up because it has some plot that needs to be covered; how y/n got to the orphanage, why was she hurt, what may have happened prior (foreshadowing for future plots) 

London  1933 Y/n, a few hours before

"Go, Y/n, there's a muggle's orphanage once you go past the alley. They won't look for you there. I know it's dark, but you can do it! Just keep running and you'll --"

"No, mom, I'm not leaving you here!" she tucked at her mother's arms. The blood escaped from her bloodied torso, spreading and sinking into the snow. She managed to pick her up, but only to drop her back onto the icy ground. Her mother groaned to the impact and clutches her side.

Y/n rushed to analyze the wound and there it was. The jagged white end of the broken rib bone cutting through the skin, causing blood to run freely in thick scarlet rivers amongst the stomach of her mother. She froze.

"Listen, Y/n. Go. You can't save me." her mother says as she looked deep into those soft blue eyes. Memories run through her head and tears rushes out the thought of no more Saturday Baking with her precious baby.

She regrets everything, she should've listened to her father but she was so in love with him. She sacrificed her fortunes for him, thinking it was all worth it in turn for his endless love, not thinking he'd gladly leave her.

Her jaws clenched and unclenched as she had made her mind. She held Y/n's petite little hands in hers as it warms her deathly cold ones. "You have to save yourself. The world is cruel, so to survive, you have to remember what I've taught you."

Her mother groans as she pushes herself up and pushes a chilling metallic object into Y/n's hand.

"My sweet, sweet one, for now, you have to hide until you gain the power to take back—"

"Would you like a hand, my lady," the man laughed. His unnerving silhouette became to transform into a clearer image. He saw the helpless prey lying on the snow, the youngling pulling on her mother, looking desperately into each other's eyes. He became cocky and started walking towards them, enjoying the helplessness of the two. Her mother turned Y/n to face her forcefully now, more desperate.

"I am no match of what's to come my dear." Desperate for the survival of her darling. Desperate for revenge. She bit her finger until a drop of blood surfaced on her frost-bitten fingers. She marked Y/n's forehead, marking a cursed promise of revenge, blood magic. Y/n held onto the object as she knew nothing would convince her mother to leave with her. "Never forget where you came from." Her eyes were stern, like brushed steel, her grey eyes were the colour of the gathering clouds and Y/n's was the storm to come. "Your name is Y/n L/n of House L/n. You will rise to the top and take everything that rightfully belongs to you back." Her mother cried as she cried, it warmed her cold face. She cried for her poor baby alone in the world. Her baby had everything, but now she has to fight for a spot in the society like a lower born. She pulled Y/n into her embrace for the last time, ignoring the pain radiating from her chest, and pushed Y/n away. Y/n scrambled up to look up at her mother for the last time. "Live, my girl, and make them regret the day they ever hurt us." The man's footsteps were now approaching, and they both knew it was time. Her mother whispered a spell and it Y/n running as an invisible force pushed her forward.

As Y/n ran, her hands clutched the object, not having time to look at it. Her breathing came in small spurts, hot and nervous. Her feet slip outwards on the wet autumn leaves that are buried underneath the winter snow as she ran down the hill towards the alley, causing her heart to skip a beat. But too much was going on. Her head was cold as the little hairs on her neck stood up, a shivering chill ran through her throat as the shriek of her mother made her pause. The cold air shocks her throat and lungs as she inhales deeper and faster, hurting her ice-cold nose as she sniveled.

Reached the orphanage, and I'll be safe.

She kept her eyes on the light at the end of the alley as she approaches faster and faster. Her limps were threatening to collapse, but she told them just a while longer, and she'll be safe.

With a burst of orange, Y/n dove onto the soggy cobblestone ground. Scraping her knees and hands, heat radiating off, she groaned as she pushed herself up, knowing she mustn't be weak now. She has to get revenge for all that had happened to her.

The blood welled up in her throat from the inside of her cheeks that got caught between the collision with the ground. Red-eyed as she got up, she noticed a new pain. A warm yet cooling sensation. Then the pain kicked in. She clutched the side of her torso as she tried to get up. She held up her head and she saw safety was a straight line.

"Look at what we have here, my little lady." he mocked a bow. "Would you like me to fetch you a new pretty dress?" Y/n used all her might and got up, eyes staring directly into his eyes. In those soft blue eyes, a storm was brewing. She held her chin up, although knowing that her chance of survival was minimal but today is not the day. "Maybe if you be nice, I'll give you a little head start," he says, grabbing his belt. The alley was quiet, guarded with tall walls and nearly no windows. He tucked his wand into his coat pocket, and it was her chance.

"Accio Wand!" She screamed. A smile crept up her face as the still-warm wand flew into her hands. The man froze, but she didn't.

"Avada Kedavra."

She clutched her now bloodied side as she dragged herself across the snowy grounds. In a distance was safety. She hid the wand in her coat and finally took a look at what was in her hands. A necklace. A delicate silver complexion, decorated with diamonds, guarding a large shimmering sapphire that sat proudly in the middle of the complexity. The cold metallic necklace was warmer than her body as she wore the necklace underneath her clothing. She looked up at the safety she promised herself. Wool's Orphanage was written in black iron wrought. The worn building stood before her, it was nothing but safety as it deflects the paradise she imagined. After all, it was a muggle's orphanage and it was the best she could get.