STATUS AND THE STATUS QUO

"Don't be late," Tom said as he walked off. Abraxas and Lestrange nodded as they watched Tom disappear behind the grand doors. 

"Yeah don't be late to your little date, boys," winked Walburga as she grabbed Y/n's arm and dragged her out of the Great Hall.

"Where are we heading?" Y/N asked as she skipped a few steps to catch up with Walburga's fast pace.

"To your dorm, sweetie."

"But didn't Tom say—" Walburga turned to a sudden halt and took a fierce step closer to Y/N.

"Those who listen to Tom are either dummies who think they can benefit from it or the weaklings who are held hostage by his idiotic and barbaric plans. What more can you expect from a half-blood." Her voice was harsh and low as she glared into the poor girl's eyes (who has no idea what going on), searching for something behind her expressions. "Though, he has the right idea." Her features softened, letting Y/n exhale the breath that she didn't know she was holding.

"What idiotic and barbaric plans?" Y/n questioned.

"You'll know," was all she said as they continued into the Slytherin Common Room, only to be immediately greeted by the girl prefect.

"Greetings, you must be Y/n! I'm Matilda and I'm here to show you to your dorms!" Matilda smiled at the girls.

"There will be no need, she will share a dorm with me. In addition, I will personally show Y/n around," Walburga stated. "Now, you must be busy with your...prefects things."

"The rules—"

"Thank you." Walburga fixated her posture as she shuts down Matilda's attempt to retake her prefect authority. Y/n smiled apologetically at the girl before Walburga dragged her up the spiral of the dorm's stairs. 

Walburga's dorm was a bit different from the other dorms. Instead of four wooden beds, there were two, large beds with delicate gold detailing's. Both are lined with silver silk beddings. "Filthy half-blood," muttered Walburga as she shuts the dorm door. To which, Y/N wondered at Walburga.  

"What? Never seen half-bred creatures?" Walburga ripped off her scarf and threw it on the golden hanger's already full arms. "Yeah I forgot, Durmstrangs don't except just anyone. You were probably too busy learning better subjects anyway, am I right?" Walburga eye-rolled as she sat on the tufted bench in front of the bed, leaving Y/N speechless with a lot of information to take in. "Don't worry, you have much to learn and I'll be here to guide you," she smiled.

"I'm so lucky to have you, Walburga," Y/n said quickly as she held Walburga's hand and squeezed it lightly, knowing she'd rather have Walburga as a friend than an enemy.

"Wally," she smiled back. "But only in private though." 

A/N: small edit hehe