POSITIONS AND PLACES

Lunch, Hogwarts 1942

The rain dropped steady and soft from the bewitched sky of grey velvet, only to disperse before coming close to the feasting students. Amongst the chattering Slytherins sat Y/N whose thoughts flooded out Abraxas's speech on where he'd place himself on the popularity hierarchy.

If there was one though, as he specified.

Which there isn't...for now, he again specified.

Walburga Black smirked at him as she argued otherwise while Y/N occasionally scanned the room for a certain brunette. None of them were invited to sit with Y/N by the way... Abraxas sat down and the others followed suit.

"I've already said it okay, if you were blonde, I'd put you higher," Abraxas critiqued.
"For fuck's sake, Abraxas, your only personality is that you have a rich daddy," Walburga fired back to which Abraxas only glared.
"Listen here, you better show me some respect before I —"
"What? Tell your father about my supposedly rude gestures?" Walburga laughed. [triumph noises]
"Yeah, you needed that sense of superiority and I'll let you have it. I'm a generous person after all." He narrowed his eyes at the laughing Walburga, sighing. "Anyways, Y/N, have you gotten your dorms assigned yet?"
"No, I haven't," smiled Y/N, who was caught off guard by Abraxas' sudden change of topic. "The prefects had yet to—"
"The prefects ha!" Interrupted Walburga, "Hogwarts employee's without pay you mean? Running around doing the teacher's jobs for a small piece of metal to pin on their uniform," she scoffed, to which Y/N couldn't help but laugh at her straight-forwardness. "Walburga Black by the way."
"Y/N L/N, a pleasure to meet you."
"Oh, I know who you are. There's a spare bed in my dorm, how about you come and share a dorm with me," she offered. The stern and demanding dark eyes peaked elegance and class. Her tone was threatening and confident.
"I'd love to," Y/N said as she smiled to the unspoken alliance.
"Yeah no, don't think that's allowed," Lestrange said between bites of food.
"No one gives a fuck."
"It's the rules, Walburga," Tom's authoritative voice managed to silence the Slytherin side of the room.
Y/N smiled at Walburga whose head lowered to avoid eye contact with Tom and he smirked at the silence as he sat down. Satisfied at his daily dose of dominance.
"It's best if you resort to the female prefect." Tom's eyes flashed up to look at the small girl sitting opposite him as she looked curiously at him.
Her subtle yet defined features, soft silver hair, and bright blue eyes had always been a familiarity to Tom. A familiarity that was never afraid of him no matter what he did...the soft presence that managed to soften his looks in a matter of seconds. But it was something that took him years to prepare for the fact that he'll never see it again. Locked up in the depth of this memories.
Yet there she was. He couldn't comprehend how she could just sit there. All pretty and innocent. Her eyes squinted into a smile as she observed, just like how she did before but with more mature features.

He looked down to break eye contact, but her eyes still lingered on him. His neat yet messy black-brown hair perfectly framed his fair features, complimenting his dark eyes and strong brows.
Only for a little while before she broke away too.
"Thank you, T—"
"Riddle." He corrected as his eyes shot back up, but this time his now perfectly composed faced sent a cold shot in Y/N's heart.

Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, was all Y/N thought.

"And your name is?"
"L/n, Y/n L/n," she said as her now reserved blue eyes met his again.

A/N: Smol edits happenin' hehe