Get out

(Adira's P.O.V.)
I watched the Bronk stud go up in flames right after we all had gathered a horse from the stables. I clicked my tongue and turned the horse around and walked past the rest. "Let's get these horses home" I said and patted the mare I got. We started to make our way to my house and stables.  Some Blinders rode the horses and the ones who couldn't ride walked next to their horses. I heard a horse trotting up next to md and looked to see that it was Tommy with the dark brown gelding. I chuckled and we continued our journey home.

Finally we arrived at the gates of my home. Specificely the gates at the side of stables.

A couple stablehands rushed to help out with the horses

A couple stablehands rushed to help out with the horses. Because I have been in the horse industry for so long I know that most of these horses aren't actually owned by Nick Bronk. So later today we are going to call the owners and tell them what was going on. I hoped down and patted the mare down her neck. "Give them some water and hay" I told the stablehands. They all grabbed one of two of the horses before bringing them to the stables. I turned to the group of Blinders. "Thanks for helping out guys" I said and smiled at them all. They all nodded and went on their way home or probably to the Garrison, except for Tommy. He walked up to me and extended an arm for me to link. Our relation started to get back to what it was. He started to stay over some nights of the week. He stayed in the bedroom next to mine but in the morning I would find him on my reading chair by the window asleep. Polly told me he did this to be protective. I don't mind when he does this. And this night was no exception. 

The next day me and Tommy decided to sit outside in my yard. Near the horse field. I rambled on about my horses while he just listened to me. I noticed he started to fall asleep.

"Didn't get sleep last night?" I asked him

"Didn't get sleep last night?" I asked him. He opened his eyes a little bit and smiled at me. "Just enjoying the sun" he calmly spoke. I smiled at him and reached for my cup of tea. Later on that day he had to go to the bettingshop and I had to go to the docks for work.

I finished some paper work and sat back in my seat. I tapped a pencil on the wooden desk between my fingers while contemplating about something. I eventually stood up from my chair and walked out my office on the docks. I made my way towards the bettingshop, it's not that far away so I could just walk. I opened the door and a couple heads looked up or turned to see who arrived. Polly stepped towards me and greeted me. We talked a bit about some random stuff. I stayed with them untill the shop closed and we where left. "I came to ask if you cared to join me for dinner?" I asked them all. Everyones face lit up and they all agreed to come and join me for dinner.  We all grabbed our coats and jackets before heading outside. I followed Tommy to his car and got in beside him. Arthur and John got in the back seat. While Michael, Polly, Finn and Ada went to the other car. The drive home was normal untill we arrived at my front gate. I recognize a car that was parked beside my own car.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I realized Adira tensed up a bit. But not from fear but more from anger. When we got out the cars the whole family noticed her change of body language as well. "Adira? You okay" Ada asked, but the mother of my child didn't respond. Just walked with a quick pace towards the front door. She opened the door and met with the head maid. I saw them exchange a few words and soon Adira went towards the living room. The big doors opened and I saw a male and a female sitting on the couch. "Get out" she ordered them and nodded towards the front door "now". "Honey we just want to talk" the female said standing up, "dont care" Adira growled back, "who are they?" Ada whispered to me. I looked them up and down. "They are my parents, Ada".

Published: 14th of January 2021