I should've known

(Adira's P.O.V.)
I groaned in pain as I tossed around in my bed. The last couple of days I started to feel cramping. I looked towards the window and saw some light coming through the curtains. I sighed and rubbed my eyes before sitting upright. I stood from my bed and walked over to my closet picking my outfit for today before leaving to go to the shop for some stuff. Before I was able to go down my stairs I quickly turned around sprinting to the toilet. I fell down onto my knees and puked into the bowl. I groaned with a sigh and leaned back. I was tired from the restless night I had gone through and now this. With my drained fatique I stood up and walked to the sink to wipe the vomit of and get the bitter taste from my mouth by drinking some water from the tap. Finally I was able to get outside and I walked towards the local food market. Some people greet me with my name and some asked if I had seen Thomas. They haden't figured out yet what had happened between me and the so called King. I paid no mind to them and walked further over the cobblestones. I arrived in the street that held the market. Stepping to the first market stall. It had some fruits and vegetables. I carefully picked some out and put them into my bag. I paid the stall owner a reasonable amount of money and went on my merry way. The next stall was some for meat. "Excuse me" I politly said as I accidentally bumped into a female. She looked up at me and I chuckled and shook my head. "So how are you doing, Adira?" Polly asked me as she looked over at some meat, "Im good. Business is good" I told her back. When me and Tom where together she was a mother figure for me. After the fire in the Commyr, Poll was the one who came to see if I was okay besides Alfie. So I have nothing to hide from her and I trust her. "Well, sweetheart, you don't look good. You look tired and in pain" She said looking up at me. I paid the owner of the meat stall and ignored her "I'll pay for her meat aswell" I said nodding to Polly. I heard her sigh and roll her eyes before she walked with me to other stalls. She tried forcing me to explain why I looked the way I looked. "Do you need more or are we ready to go?" I asked her, offering to walk with her to her house. The house on Watery Lane is on my way to my own. She ignored my question and continued to ask her questions as she walked with me away from the market. I stopped in my tracks and shook my head in annoyence but answered her question "lack of sleep. Busy with work. I don't know, Poll". "Have tou had your period?" She asked crossing her arms, "oh jesus" I responded. "Answer the question, Adira" she said raising her voice. "Sort of. But it was light and didn't last long" I answered her. I started to feel nauseas. I quickly ran to a nearby wall to lean my hand against while I puked my guts out once again. It was annoying cause there was nothing in my stomach to even puke out. I leaned with my back against the wall and watched Poll walk towards me. She cupped my breasts. "Poll.... what are you doing?" I asked tired. My body was so drained that I didn't want to question everything with anger. "Let's get you inside first" she said guiding me to her house. I wanted to protest and tell her I wanted to go home but I just gave up on that idea. She softly pushed me down onto the chair and turned to the stove to make some tea. I watched her with tired eyes as she brought me a cup filled with cinnamon tea. I wrapped my hand around it and felt the warmth on my skin. Before I could bring it to my lips the door opened and in came the man of the house followed by his loyal brothers.

 Before I could bring it to my lips the door opened and in came the man of the house followed by his loyal brothers

He immediatly saw me and stopped in his tracks. "I'm not here to kill" I said to him barely audible, "I can see that" he replied pointint out to my state, "doesn't mean I won't try" I snapped at him and gave him a glare. "Alright" Polly said divusing the situation before it could get worse. Tommy sat down while the brothers either stood or sat else where. Ada also came down to see what was going on. Great the whole Shelby family is here, trapping me. "Adira, here is pregnant". I choked on my tea and looked at her. "Wha... what?" I asked her in total shock. I saw Tommy clench his fist and jaw tight. Polly started to tell me that she knows it from expierence. She was pregnant, she was right about Ada's pregnancy, her fucking gypsy gut told her I was. "I had my period. You can't be pregnant and be on your period" I told her, "but like you said. It was light and didn't last long. Women can have vaginal bleeding during pregnancy" she explained, "oh my god" I said annoyed, "well, maybe Aunt Poll is right. You do look more chubby", "Ada! I swear to god" I sneered at her giving her a death glare. She raised her hands up in surrender. I sighed and closed my eyes. "I think you're right" I said softly and sat back down on the chair. I rubbed my temple before explaining. "A couple years ago I was pregnant with Jack's child. But due to stress he or she didn't survive. I had a miscarriage in week 10 of the pregnancy". My eyes had watered up at the thought of my little baby. "I should've known I was pregnant because I have the same symptoms again. But I can't bare to loose another one, so I didn't believe it. Made myself believe I wasn't". 

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
The room fell silent after she told us about the misscariage. Now I understood why she helped the mother's and children. Now I understood why she freezed up when those two working girls yelled atleast we will become mothers. I saw the pain in her eyes and it broke me that she had to be pregnant with an asshole like Jack. "Do you know who the father is?" Polly asked breaking the silence. I looked up, wanting to know who the father is. Has she had sex with other men to forget about me? Like I had done. I watched her look up at Aunt Poll "Yes, I know".

Published: 17th of December 2020