Here's how it starts

(Adira's P.O.V.)
I was walking with Ruth through the streets. We talked about random topics. From the transportation of goods, to business with the Peaky Blinders. From my relationship with Tommy to my horses. But also about inspector Campbell. He wants to put some of my girls in jail. He talked about that they had killed their husbands and some bullshit about justice for them. He found out that I was responsible for their safety. But he never could get me to talk about it. He threatened to burn my business to the ground. I had simply smirked at him and said he should do it, but he would start a war with not 1 not 2 but over 3 gangs. I asked him if the police could take on three gangs all at once. So that was another thing to add to the list of threats. As me and Ruth walked further. She was suddenly grabbed and pulled into an alleyway. I immediatly went for my revolver but stopped once I felt the cold metal of a gun against my head. I clenched my teeth in anger and walked after Ruth into the alley. She was being held by two men I didn't recognize. My gaze found the familiar eyes of Aaron. My husband's best friend since they were toddlers. I gulped slightly. If Aaron was here it means that my loving husband Jack is not far away. "Hello, Adira" Aaron softly spoke softly in my ear, "Aaron" I replied cold. I kept my composure as hard as I could. I kept an eye on Ruth. Thankfully she was just being held. But man did she look pissed. I could see in her eyes that she desperatly wanted to kill every single bastard that was standing here. But she knows who Aaron and she knows what he did to me. The gun was pressed harder into my scalp as Aaron spoke "Jack is going to enjoy your punishment for running away from him" he said with a devilish smirk. I heard a pair of footsteps behind me. I watched Jack walk into my view. He wore his sadistic smirk as he looked me up and down. But he turned his attention to Ruth and chuckled dark. His chuckle send shivers down my spine. I watched Ruth's dangerous eyes gaze up at Jack.  He angrily slammed Ruth against the brick wall behind her by her neck. Anger filled my body and I stepped forward to charge at Jack but Aaron grabbed my waist and pushed the gun harder into my scalp. "Shh shh. Don't do that. It'll get her killed" he whispered. I breathed hard through my nose as I looked at Ruth drastically gasping for air. Jack whispered some thing in her ear before dropping her to the floor. She gasped for the dirty air before getting a kick to the stomach. I growled and elbowed Aaron in his stomach and snatching his gun from his hands. I turned to take the shot I should've taken years ago. Sadly Ruth was being held up with a gun pressed against her head. I froze as my finger hovered over the trigger. I never had the guts to fire a gun when a friend could be hit. I felt my hand shake and watched how Jack noticed it and began laughing. "Drop. It" he ordered me. I looked Ruth in the eyes and dropped the gun. Jack roughly threw Ruth towards the other blokes before charging towards me and slamming me against the wall. "Please" I begged. "Let her go. And I'll won't fight" I stammered. Jack thought for a moment before nodding to the two males to let her go. She was let go and she looked at me with desperate eyes "go" I said, "I'll be fine". She looked at everyone before quickly running away. Jack nodded at Aaron and I watched him shoot Ruth. "No!" I screamed as I watched her collapse to the ground and lay motionless. My confidence grew as I got angry. That was my secret weapon. I trashed around in Jack's grip but it wasn't for long. As he slammed me back hard against the wall making my head bang at the wall. My vision got blurry and I felt my body go weak. My eyes slowly looked towards Ruth again. "You belong to me" I heard Jack scream at me and felt the sting from his handprint on my cheek. "You're mine to own, understand?". He waited for me to answet but my body was done fighting, exhausting taking the toll on me. A fist to my stomach and I crumbled forward before being held back up. "Answer me!". "Yes.. I... I understand" I said weak. I saw him raise his fist at me and I realized I didn't use Sir to end my scentence with. I waited for the impact but the sound of a gun being fires interupted it. I turned my head and saw Tommy standing there with his family behind him. Equally as pissed as him, well slightly less because his anger was death defying. Tom stepped forward and aimed his gun at him.