One thing that can blind a man

(Adira's P.O.V.)
I walk inside the building where all the horse auctions from Small Heath are being held. I have a couple of foals and horses that I am going to auction off. Maybe if I see a familiar horse that has potential, I will maybe bid. My legs carry me with a confident stride towards the stables were I greet some of my grooms and stablehands. I give some small treats to each one of my animals before telling my staff good luck. I walked out the stables and towards the arena where the horses get auctioned off. As I walk up the stairs I see a familiar face look towards me. It's Thomas and he is with his brothers and some other Blinders. I ignore him and walk to the other side. I listen to the announcer yell some bids from buyers. From the corner of my eye I see Thomas watch me before he walks with the others towards me. I keep staring down to the horses as they arrive next to me, surrounding me completely. "Love For Gold, Riverview Stud, Sire: The Black King, Dam: Fortune's Charm" the announcer calls out. I see Tom shift his eyes to me, he knows this is one of my horses. "We'll start the bidding at 2500 guineas". I hear Arthur breath out in shock at the height of the bid. I smirk slightly and listen to the bids go even higher up. "Sold for 4500 guineas" the announcer says and slams his hammer. Thomas whistles impressed. The next two horses were mine as well and the starting bid and ending bid was even higher than the one before. "So you selling" I hear Thomas stated. I ignored his statement and watched a different horse come in. "Morals of Marcus, Sedgemere stud, by Tetrach out Lady Josephine" the announcer speaks. The bid started at 800 guineas. I know this horse, seen her move around in the field as well. "All right, Tommy, this is her" I hear Charlie say behind me. 850 goes to Tom as he nodds to the announcer. And so our bidding war began. 1100... 1200... 1250... 1300... 1700. Behind me I hear Charlie and Arthur tell Tom he lost. But he wasn't having it and bid higher. "I'm having the horse" he stated as he looked down at me, "you sure?" I asked him. 2000 for me as I raise my hand. Tom goes up higher. "2060? Am I bid?". I hold my mouth because I am not buying her for 2060. She has great potential yes, but not for that money in my opinion. "Last time? 2060? Sold to mister?" The announcer asks and looks Tom's way, "Thomas Shelby". The whole room starts chattering as they all realize who is here. I walk away not out of loss but to retrieve my money and the papers from the onces I bought.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
Me and the rest followed Adira to the streets of Small Heath. It was a small alleyway we walked through. We catch up to her. "Sorry Love, it's just business" I whisper in her ear. I can see her neck hairs go up as my breath touches her neck. She stops in her tracks and turns on her heels to face me. I look down at her. "Well I made money from bidding against you" she states. I turn my head to the side in interest. "Her owner wanted me to see if I could raise the bid higher than she is worth. You paid 550 Guineas higher than he thought he could get. I got 275 Guineas for that". So that is why she bid on so many horses. I was impressed she not only got two great horses, but made about 15000 Guinneaus from the horses and foals she sold and got even more money from bidding wars. "It's called bussiness, Love" she replied as she mocked my tone of voice. "Adira Shaw!" Someone yelled.

(Adira's P.O.V.)
I turned and saw the one who yelled. I recognized he was one of my rivals. He is part of a small gang. It has about 5 members. Normaply they wouldn't dare to do this but when they found out about my loss the decided to tale over. Yet they still hadn't had any succes. As soon as I saw him raise a gun I heard Thomas call out my name and push me out of the way. Arthur kicked the man and knocked his arm away. The gun was still fired off and I felt the gun graze my arm. I grabbed my upper arm and felt blood trail down my fingers. Suddenly I felt two hands snake around my neck and apply pressure. I started to choke and tried prying the hands off. I started to loose my strenght and my vision started to get blurry. Thomas noticed and jumped to my aid. He stomped against the guys knee and punched him in the jaw. As soon as I felt release I fell to the ground and gasped for air. "Tommy Down!" John yelled and shot his gun as soon as Tommy ducked. I heard the body fall to the ground. I gained some air and rolled myself onto my back to calm myself even more down. I could hear Arthur scream and punches being delivered. He was probably beating the man up. "Get him off!" Thomas ordered as he walked to Arthur. I felt someone pull me up to my feet. I noticed it was Charlie and awknowledge him with my eyes. I had to lean fully on Charlie and Michael, who came to help, as my brain got more oxygen. I watched Thomas pull the man up by his clothing as soon as Arthur was pulled off and dragged the man with him to one of their nearby warehouses. I was guided there aswell.

The man was tied up to a chair. While John went out to get some stuff. It didn't take long for him to retrieve some torture weapons. Charlie was fixing my wound even when I tired pushing him away from me. I could take care of myself but the man kept coming. I watched Thomas walk up to the last living person that attacked us, well me. The male started to pray. "I will keep you alive untill the both of us hear the blackbirds singing outside" he said starting his threat. "Then I'll deliver your final cut". He stood back up straight and extended a hand out at John to get some sort of axe or knife. "Thomas" I said will a low voice. He ignored me fully and continued to do his threats."now, I'm gonna have to choose carefully which part of you I cut away first. Maybe part of you upper arm? Because that was where you hit her" he slowly spoke with venom lingering in his tone. "Open your eyes" he ordered. No reaction from the praying male, "open your eyes or I wil cut away your eyelids!" Thomas said as he screamed the last part. I hated this side Thomas, I dont do torture. Just a quick bullet to the head. Sometimes, yes, I move my aim to hit else where. But 10 seconds later the final bullet will be delivered. "Thomas. I can deal with him" I said and kept a strong tone of voice as I stood up. I needed to take control of the situation and fast. He looked at me but quickly returned his gaze to the praying man. "I'll take your tongue first. Then I'll take your ears. Then I take your fingers. Then your fucking toes". I watched Thomas open the man's mouth and muffled groans filled the room. "But if I take your tongue. You won't be able to explain and I want you to fucking explain" he growled at him with heavy breathes. I loudly yelled his name again but he didn't respond "no. I'm a fucking Blinder. I'll take your fucking eyes!" He yelled and started to cut the man's eyes out. The painfull screams filled my ears and my mind flashed back to the night my family died. My eyes closed shut from the mental pain I was getting as the memory flooded back into my brain. It was the same painfull screams and I had to make it stop. I walked up to Tom and roughly pushed him away from the man on the chair. He wasn't having it and gave me a death glare before pushing me aside to continue his torture. I grabbed his arm but he swatted me away. I growled annoyed at him. With instinct I grabbed the nearest gun I could reach. It was from Arthur. I stepped forward aimed and took the shot. The bullet went straight through the bone and skull of the screaming man. Immediatly the screams died down. I looked at Thomas with a pissed look on my face before scoffing with disbelief "don't you dare do my dirty work". I turned around and gave Arthur his gun back. Without saying anything else I made my way outside. I heard quicker footsteps behind me and felt a hand grab my wrist. I turn around and slapped the person who got a hold of me out of instinct. It was Thomas. His face snapped to the side. I felt him tighten his grip around my wrist. He let out a sharp angry breath yet it was controlled before he slowly turned his head to look back at me.

 He let out a sharp angry breath yet it was controlled before he slowly turned his head to look back at me

"Let. Go" I ordered him with a growl. He didn't move anything. "Let go!" I yelled loudly at him.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I looked at her and realized I was holding her wrist very tight. She roughly retracted her hand as I loosened the grip around her wrist. I saw the red handmark around her wrist and a pang filled my heart. "Next time you come near me, Thomas Shepby. I'll make the threat I made in the Garrison a reality" she said furious before turning around and quickly walking away.

Published: 15th of November 2020